1999 Nissan Sentra

1999 Nissan Sentra Prices
1999 Nissan Sentra Fuel Economy
The Little Car That Could by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/13/2007. Trim: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This car has had few problems/has given me many years of reliable service. The car does not rattle, takes corners easily, and still gets very good gas mileage. The seat fabric has held up well. The radio/CD has good sound. I am very pleased with the overall reliability.
Cons: My Sentra could use more power/tends to lag before taking off/slow to accelerate/keep up with traffic when the light turns green. Also, the power windows are a bit jerky/cheap keys/one broke off in the trunk lock/it's still there. The cup holders are in a terrible location. They block the radio controls.
Overall review: I have owned many cars over the years, and believe that this is one of the very best. It's not beautiful, but this little Sentra has been reliable, fun to drive, and has been money well spent. My car has 128,000 miles on the odometer. I expect to see this car get 200,000 miles!
Friendly Sentra by Demps on 11/05/2006. Trim: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Great mileage: 28-35mpg. Engine runs like new.
Cons: Gets lazy when AC is turned On.
Overall review: This is my third Sentra, I bought this one brand new. Besides routine maintenance, the only replacements that I have done to this car are the window switcher ($75) replaced 2 weeks ago, and the air blower sensor ($50) replaced 1 year ago. I have driven stick shift Civics and Corollas and the Sentra's stick shift is smoother. Overall its a great car.
great for the economy by mr. happy from Tomball Tx on 04/14/2001. Trim: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I am 5'11" and weigh 270 pounds and enjoy my car.It is my second one in 4 years. I can't understand why there isn't more advertising about the Sentra.It gets great gas mileage and I have'nt had any trouble.The first one I had (1996) I keep for 2 1/2 years and this one for a 1 1/2 years. I am really pleased with the price and performance of my Sentra.
Cons: It could come with more choice of colors for the interior.And I would also like to be able to lock the glove compartment and be able to lock the trunk and no one get in with the ignition key or trunk release.
Overall review: I am just pleased with my buy.
It's OK, no more no less. by MrM from Chicago on 07/25/2009. Trim: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Nice ride and decent handling. Very spacious interior. Good quality materials. Gas sipper.
Cons: A bit noisy under full throttle and at highway speeds. Poor acceleration. Not as reliable as I hoped.
Overall review: The car is OK for everyday driving, but it's as plain vanilla as it gets and it has almost zero personality. I do like the ride comfort better than my wife's Civic, though it's noisier. The engine is so weak the car gets outrunned by just about every other vehicle on the road. Turn on the A/C and forget about overtaking anything but an Amish wagon. At least it gets decent fuel economy, though. I've owned it for 9 yrs and so far I've replaced 2 distributors, 2 starters, a fuel filler valve, an idle speed control module, the front struts and drive shafts, a power window/lock panel and an exhaust pipe. No problems with the engine or transmission. I was hoping to have better luck with it, though, especially the distributor because when it broke (twice!) it left me stranded and had to call a tow truck. Overall, it served its purpose for over 166,000 miles and I'm keeping it until I can afford a newer vehicle, but I think I'll skip Nissan and look at Toyota or Subaru next time.
One of the Best by Scooby from Cincy on 05/11/2008. Trim: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very good reliability. Bought it with 40k miles and now has 118k. Other than brakes and tires never had to do anything else to it. Gas mileage is good. One of the best cars I've ever owned.
Cons: Rust on left quarter panel. Trunk latch not working.
Overall review: As far as reliability, ranks just as good as Corolla or Civic if not better. With gas as high as it is, this car will increase in trade-in value as car shoppers are looking for small 4 cyl. vehicles. Highly recommend this vehicle.