2000 Mitsubishi Mirage

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Prices
2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Fuel Economy
Economical & reliable. by A CarPoint Consumer on 02/08/2001. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It picks up speed really quickly & it's a comfortable ride.
Cons: A little more leg room in the backseat for adult passengers, but it's perfect for our kids.
Overall review: It's a great car!
Mitsubishi Mirage: The Ultimate Compact Car by Kurt on 04/17/2013. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 1.8L Engine is peppy and offers quick acceleration for a four cylinder car. Handling is excellent, good feedback and offers very good control over the vehicle, especially in corners. Gas mileage is excellent, getting around 35 mpg overall. Maintenance is simple, engine compartment is laid out well. Exterior styling is much sportier than other vehicles in its class for the 2000 model year. It has a surprisingly spacious trunk, and the back seats fold down to greatly increase this space. It offers a decent amount of storage compartments in front of vehicle and a good amount of driver seat adjustments (all manual). My Mirage has been highly reliable - starts up every time, the first time.
Cons: The Automatic Transmission can be quite jumpy and jerk you around when the engine is still somewhat cold. This problem goes away as the engine heats up. The Mirage sits pretty low to the ground, taller or older drivers may have trouble getting in. The driver's seat can get uncomfortable on long road trips, but only for drivers with long legs. I'm 6'3", so I'm sure this minor problem will not affect everyone. The horn occasionally gets stuck on, depending upon where and how hard the center of the wheel is pushed. Again, this is not characteristic of all Mirages, and is a minor annoyance in the long run.
Overall review: I love my Mirage and highly recommend a Mirage to anyone who is considering purchasing one. Overall, Mirages are cheaper in price than their Toyota and Honda competitors, but are also more reliable than them in the long run. I test drove a 1998 Toyota Corolla before purchasing my Mirage, and the Mirage by far handled better and had superior acceleration. Just goes to show that Mitsubishi is the sportier brand, even in the compact car segment! If you're considering buying a Mirage, do it. You won't have buyer's remorse, and you'll be driving your car well past 200,000 miles if you take good care of it. (I'm already at 135,000!)
Review ID: #571919 Is this review offensive?
POOR QUALITY! by Quiana, CA on 05/29/2001. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling, gas mileage, stereo system
Cons: After I had the car for two weeks the door ajar light would not go off, I constantly have to take it to dealerships to get problem fixed but it will not go away. I HATE THIS CAR! I wish I never had purchased a Mitsu Mirage.
Overall review: The quality overall is poor, you would think a new car would be problem free.
great buy by waylon on 03/12/2001. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great on gas. best car for the money.
Cons: nothing. we love it
Overall review: great car for the money
Mitsubishi Mirage - A++ by CK1 - Syracuse, NY on 02/05/2001. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage LS Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: * Great gas milage * Excellent Handeling - even in the snow * Plenty of room and storage * Heats up nicely in the winter * Very smooth shifting for a stick shift
Cons: * I would never purchase another one from the Mitsubishi dealer where I bought it.
Overall review: I love my car, but I would never purchase another one from the Mitsubishi dealer where I bought it.