2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

My favorite past time by someguy on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Heavy built, dependable, can take a beating
Cons: gas mileage, under powered
Overall review: It has served well as my family vehicle but it has also done well in weather and mud to an extent. I bought it off of my mom and she loved it too but she doesn't take very good care of her cars so I know it was built to last. I have driven through just about every obstacle on and off-road. Its definately better at climbing than digging out of a mud pit though. All in all I consider this the best vehicle I have ever had.
in spite of the gas mileage, i love it. by Hannah on 07/07/2011. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: has very good style and handles very well
Cons: gas mileage is not so good and mine has had alternator problems.
Overall review: love it. hate driving my parents' cars compared to driving mine.
Good SUV that gets overlooked by Jeremy from CO on 08/11/2008. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Solid truck, devent gas mileage for a medium SUV. Different look and better feel them most SUVs in it's size class.
Cons: 3 liter is useable even in the mountians of colorado but alittle weak.
Overall review: Mits really over designed this truck,it is rugged and dependable. The 3.0 liter 6 cylinder is weak but not as bad as Nissan's earlier Xterra's. Make sure to get regular oil changes have heard horror stories about sludge buildup causing major engine issues on the Mits engine.
Good Value SUV by J on 03/03/2008. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This car has been reliable for me and I have had very little service required.
Cons: I dislike the lack of acceleration power and the ride in the back seat is bouncy/rough.
Overall review: For the money this car style is very attractive and the engine is reliable and worth the price.
Perfection by Amanda in Springfield on 05/31/2007. Trim: 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LTD 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I've taken mine on several long trips and the seats are very comfortable. Rear leg room is quite adequate and five people fit comfortably. The car drives extremely well! I'm a college student and during a recent ice storm that shut my city down for nearly two weeks, I kept going wherever I needed to thanks to my Montero. I've had EVERY recommended maintenance performed and I get an oil change every 3,000 and to date, at 125,000 miles, this SUV has NEVER acted up. I've heard the upkeep is expensive but luckily my service advisor is also my brother...so cost usually isn't a problem! I would recommend this car to anyone! It drives beautiful and is very aesthetically pleasing.
Cons: I hate putting gas in this thing! I drive in excess of 70 miles per day, in addition to weekend trips at paying $50 dollars every time I fill up is no fun!
Overall review: If you can handle the price of gas and maintenance, this SUV is definately the one to buy. Be sure to follow the service advisor's advice...they're there for a reason! I have the limited and with it's moonroof, sound system, and leather seats it's a wonderful car for travel. Very reliable!