2000 Mercury Villager

2000 Mercury Villager Prices
2000 Mercury Villager Fuel Economy
2000 Villager Estate by Izaclown on 01/29/2001. Trim: 2000 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned 1 year.
Pros: 16 inch tires give great ride and handling. Wife loves driving it.
Cons: Lacks driver leg room for taller people. Better power with 3.3L but still needs more power.
Overall review: So far so good. I like the styling and handling. Confortable on longer trips and handles great around town.
Great Van with Good Service by Roy - Tampa on 02/23/2014. Trim: 2000 Mercury Villager Estate, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my vehicle used (34,000 miles) in December 2001 and have excellent service. Fairly good mileage, comfortable. Even with 165,000+ miles I got 23 mpg highway on a recent trip. I especially like that the radio controls and cruise control buttons are in the steering wheel. Very convenient. And I really like the digital dash. Just sporty enough for my tastes.
Cons: I don't know of anything I dislike about this vehicle, except that it does not have a CD player. Oh well, those are the breaks of the game.
Overall review: If the Villagers were still being made, I would probably purchase another one.
Review ID: #581939 Is this review offensive?
Best all around vehicle! by ArtChee, Sarasota FL on 08/16/2011. Trim: 2000 Mercury Villager Sport, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like virtually everything about this vehicle. The dash/controls are designed in a semi-circle around the steering wheel - very easy to access. I love the radio controls on the right side of the steering wheel & the cruise control on the left (few complaint: have to turn on cruise control at bottom left dash). My SPORT has fantastic RADIO/CD, with 6 CD changer, and rear seat controls. The van is handy for hauling large items with the bench seat compressed behind the front seats. The two sliding side doors work perfectly after 11 years & 140,000 miles. A/C puts out COLD air: I have had not problems with A/C in the 4 years of ownership.
Cons: The ride is not quite as tight as my wife's Town Car, but is an excellent ride, tho doesn't take RR crossings really well. The rear individual seats are heavy and cumbersome to remove/store, and a little inconvenient to re-arrange the floor carpets when moving the rear bench seat. Had to replace catalytic converter at 128K miles. Rear window wiper a chronic problem.
Overall review: Would LOVE to trade up to a NEW Villager... but they quit making them. Will have to look at the sister Nissan Quest.
A Very Good Van after all by Ted Kelly on 08/21/2007. Trim: 2000 Mercury Villager Sport, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very quiet. Easy to drive. Comfortable seats. Fully reclined second row captain chairs. Rear window opens separately from the hatch door. Not too bad on gas for this class. Avg - 19 mpg and 24 on HWY. In Boston it made only 16 mpg.
Cons: Carpets and carpeted mats are of poor quality. Interior fit below rest of the assembly quality.
Overall review: This car performed solid for many years. Generally as a minivan this is as close to perfect as it gets. The only piece that missing - the hiding third row. But for that it compensates with rear window, which can be opened for hauling extra long stuff and fully reclined second row seats where kids can sleep horizontally while you making long road trip. Yes, in Odyssey and Sienna those recline "just a little" and the window in the back is permanently attached. It runs strong still at 94K miles but it started to develop a handful of problems. So I didn't put a penny into repair yet. The only maintenance (outside engine oil) was new tires (2 times), front and rear brakes, 2 transmission fluid changes, fuel, cabin and air(2 times) filter. All of these put me around $1000 behind in 8 years But now I am looking at bad outer tie rod end, leaking rack and pinion, some kind of anti-roll bar problem (not figured yet what exactly wrong, may be just bad bushings), and small external coolant leak.
Love My Van by Lace from San Antonio on 08/13/2007. Trim: 2000 Mercury Villager Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Handles more like a car than most vans, great acceleration even when using the A/C, great for long family trips, easy for a DIY mechanic to fix most small problems
Cons: Original tires wore out too quickly, Cup holders broke in the first year, carpets are not very good quality, can not completely remove third row seatand takes two people to remove the middle seat
Overall review: I have owned this van for 7 years now and we have put over 130,000 miles on it. The van is easy to care for, mostly just routine maintainance. We do have a problem with the cup holders but other than that I am very pleased with this van.Great vehicle for long distance trips...excellent gas milage...up to 31 mpg on the highway even after 7 years!