2000 Mercury Sable

Sable recalls ??????????? by Eddie H. on 10/27/2012. Trim: 2000 Mercury Sable LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Styling -
Cons: Motor is not a ford - Transmission had to be replaced at 30,000 miles - Power traIn module failed causing major accident. Ford only extended warrranty for 8 years which did not cover the car at the time of accident. Will never buy any Ford cars again. Warranty experience with FORD was also questional some years ago for a battery that failed in one year and was not even covered by the 5 year prorata battery of the replacement battery that was the smae as the failed one. Therefor FORD warranties are useless?????
Overall review: Do not buy Fords as some motors are Japanese modles not FO MO 's
Great Car!! by Nick from Kansas City on 04/02/2010. Trim: 2000 Mercury Sable LS, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Looks great, smooth comfortable ride, mach stereo is AWESOME, good on gas, very reliable, nice materials, handles well, good brakes
Cons: Needs more power, sometimes I see these cars with the rear end sagging badly
Overall review: I have had this car for 10 years and its been great. Its not the fastest car in the world but if you need a cheap reliable car that looks nice, its perfect.
Nice wagon by Sedroc from St. Charles on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium, Owned 4 years.
Pros: We have a wagon and the interior space is very good for hauling gardening and etc items.
Cons: I'm not sure that the brake rotors couldn't be better. I had to have the front turned at 2000 miles and I have 18,000 on the car now and I think they need it again.
Overall review: I like the wagon except for the back end treatment. I think a redesign of the rear of the wagon is in order.
Pretty car by Goody from Ohio on 07/28/2002. Trim: 2000 Mercury Sable GS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the style of the car and it handles nice. I get pretty good gas mileage and it really has a lot of power for the size of engine--
Cons: The ride is too stiff and on a trip it is not a comforable ride that I really like--I do not like the sunvisors because they are too small and you cannot shut the sun out between the sunvisor and the mirror when you are going towards the sun--
Overall review: I like the car but it was not what I expected for a Mercury when I bought it--For the price that I paid it should have a had a few more features, like a cd and cassette player instead of just a cassette player. Some kind of a compass to leave you know which way you are going--and a few other options.
great sta. wgn. by voge on the neuse on 02/27/2002. Trim: 2000 Mercury Sable GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: best all around car ive had
Overall review: very good