1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK

1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK Prices
1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK Fuel Economy
Destined to be a classic! by Ronster in NY on 12/25/2011. Trim: 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Cabriolet, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car in 1998 from a web photo, sight unseen, plunked down a deposit and waited 10 months to take delivery. I haven't been disappointed since! I just love how I feel behind the wheel of this gorgeous car. Not a moment of regret in almost 13 years!
Cons: The radio is subpar, and the CD changer in the trunk seemed cool at first, but not convenient at all. The blind spot is notorious. Driving in the snow is downright scary! I've since acquired a Ford F150 for winter driving, and leave my baby in the garage till Spring.
Overall review: I want to own this car forever, and be buried in it when I die. I will never need another car, as this is by far the coolest car I've ever driven. The rear seats come in handy when needed. I will never tire of the rush I get cruisin' with the top down. I pamper this baby, and my dealer has taken excellent care of her. Even with the expensive maintenance, I just don't see a better value out there. This is such a beauty!
Classic Coupe by Daniel in Coral Gables, FL on 01/05/2013. Trim: 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK320, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Stylish, drives like a dream. Turning radius is fantastic and pick up is a rush. It's a beautiful car inside and out.
Cons: Maintenance has been high. A/C had to be replaced.
Overall review: This car is destined to be a classic! After 13 years the car still gets second looks. The car is well worth maintaining and continues to perform beautifully -- fast, smooth, and responsive.
Who needs the CLK 55 AMG!? by Mike F. from Tempe, AZ on 01/03/2006. Trim: 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Black w/17" crome AMG wheels! A real head turner. Scary fast!! This beast actually looks a little funny with the 'stand-up' star hood ornament (usually reserved for the ultra comfort/straight-down-the-road version of MB). Easy to drive 'easy' or...hard!!
Cons: Front seats squeak.
Overall review: What a car!! I can't even imagine the CLK 55! Why pay the extra money when you've already got a car that'll go 0-60 in under 6.0 secs!? Insurance is cheaper for this car than my 98' Audi A4 1.8T (guess it's safer and... RWD is cheaper to fix than AWD). I've got teen-aged daughters and they say that the backseat is as comfortable as my wife's Jaguar XJ8 VDP. Thought about the BMW 530i (also a great car) but...seems like EVERYBODY has a Bimmer! Do yourself a favor and ALWAYS buy an extended warranty whenever you purchase any 'high-end' car. Not that you'll necessarily need it but, if you do...it could pay for itself in one visit to the shop!
Mercedes Cabriolet-an accident waiting to happen by andy on 01/24/2004. Trim: 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Cabriolet, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for 5 years...I LOVE the car in the spring,summer and fall of the year..It sits garaged in the winters when the top cannot be put down......
Cons: It is driven strictly as a convertible..as the BLIND SPOTS when the top is up is it's WORST feature.... The cell phone that came with the car is archaic...only dual mode...but it does offer speakerphone..However, I have stopped using the Mercedes Motorola phone since my local service gives me a better phone ( tri mode- cheaper to use) ....
Overall review: I would NOT buy this car again STRICTLY on a BLIND SPOT reason...it is impossible to pass in highway lanes using any of the mirrrors...sort of just put on the blinker and GO! But when the top is down, it is a DREAM..............
My '99 430, a five year old auto with 70K miles by MHW from Dallas, Texas on 08/03/2003. Trim: 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK430, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Performance, style, best friend in a baaad place, that they now make tires for about 100 each for this beast, glaserite paint . . simply the best, a head turner and will impress the passenger! Yah, I am single!
Cons: I have owned the vehicle from out of the box, has 100K warranty. I have 70,000 miles to date and had the dash replaced (like other said) because of the seam at the passengers SRS. an oxygen sensor, I have a compressor a/c rubbing noise as of today. All covered under warranty. My greatest question is . . . what happens after 100K? Heck, a trans for the car is $7,000. . .
Overall review: This is a brilliant machine, well worth the money. I think Mercedes has addressed a lot of the quality issues vis a vis Toyota and Honda. The cars handling, looks and power are simply untouchable. I have driven the auto long distances and am astounded to get out feeling like I just got out of bed. This car has been my best friend twice: esp came on on black ice and saved me. . . and a guy on an acceleration ramp decided to stop and make a right turn to the service road; brake assist and esp saved this one. I would and probably will purchase another. Again, my question: what happens after the extended warranty runs out. . .I do not like huge nasty expensive surprises!