1999 Mazda B-Series

1999 Mazda B-Series Prices
1999 Mazda B-Series Fuel Economy
Great Little Truck by Jeff from Lafayette on 01/26/2009. Trim: 1999 Mazda B-Series B2500 Reg Cab SE 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Great overall quality with low maintenance. Good ride for a small truck.
Cons: Have problems with the electricial system. Had to finally remove the fuse to turn off the dome light. Wipers come on when I use the turn signal.
Overall review: My Mazda will turn over 300,000 miles next month (2-09). Keep the oil changed and they run forever.
this is definitely "Old Reliable" by Randy St Louis on 09/14/2005. Trim: 1999 Mazda B-Series B2500 Cab Plus 4 SE 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Solid performer with no maintenance problems in 6 years.
Cons: A little weak in power for the 4 cylinder. A bumpy ride.
Overall review: One of the ost reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I had it for 6 years with absolutely no maintenance issues. Oil changes are the only maintenance I had to pay for.
A Good Little, Hungry, Doggie by JOSH on 09/13/2005. Trim: 1999 Mazda B-Series B2500 Cab Plus 4 SE 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I like the size, access cab, 5 speed and power options. I have had no major problems with this truck over the past 6 yrs, and 60k miles. Brakes and tires were relatively inexpensive, but shop around. I still have the original battery. When clean, I get compliments on it's classy look.
Cons: Gas milage for a four-banger is awful. I get 19/24 not the EPA 22/26, plus I have to use mid-grade or it pings badly. Acceleration is sup-par, I have been passed by loaded semi's going up steep mountains. Suspension is jittery, and I have had the two common problems, door adjar switch and idle controler.
Overall review: Over all this has been a dependable truck, and I would gladdly recommend. I would definitly buy another new one. The Ford Ranger line was recommended to me, and I still hear good stories of dependablity with trucks 200k miles. Maintance has been inexpensive, and insurance cost low, (compared to my Jetta)
The little truck that wished it could by Dupree on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1999 Mazda B-Series B3000 Reg. Cab SE 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: seating is comfortable.heater works well as does AC.
Cons: Dealer service has been very unreliable. Truck has pinged badly since day 1 running anything but 93+ octane even though book says 87 sufficiant. gas mileage is terrible for a 3.0 V-6. Lacks power. paint chips very easily.Windshield already has 9 small chips.
Overall review: Appearance and style are good as is interior comfort. Truck powerplant is useless for anything but point A to point B. Truck has to run on premium grade gas and nothing else. Gas mileage is poor. Biggest overall problem is dealer service as it has been horrible at best.
Great Truck by In OKC on 08/10/2004. Trim: 1999 Mazda B-Series B4000 Cab Plus 4 SE 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This is an excellent truck. It gets me to where I am going without any problems. It is dependable and starts right up each and every time. It is comfortable and a joy to drive on long trips. I use this truck for day to day work and as an Emergency Management volunteer. It has carried me thru many disasters and I did not have to worry that my vehicle was going to be a problem.
Cons: I would have liked bucket seats in this years model and a bigger battery. I would like better gas mileage, but it is a 4L, 4WD, AT TRUCK, not a car. The only reason I mark the interior down is that I need more space between the seats for radios and emergency equipment.Buckets seats would have accomplished this. But the bench seat is good for the working dogs.
Overall review: I will buy another one when this one kaput. I do wish that there was a 4 door crew cab option. I looked at several small pickups before buying this one. Ford wanted $3K more for the same truck, Nissan and Toyota did not have anything that was like this and their models were more expensive.