1999 Mazda Millenia

Awesome car by Bob from Vienna, VA on 09/11/2003. Trim: 1999 Mazda Millenia S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Style, looks, power, ride quality, handling.
Cons: Maybe a little heavy. Supercharger could be a little more responsive on/off the throttle in traffic.
Overall review: This car is awesome. I bought it new and have driven it from VA to FLA twice and many other places since and this car loves the open road. Coming back from FLA once we had to outrun a hurricane and were doing about 110 or 115 and my wife thought we were doing 35 or so.
Props by Rodster on 02/05/2003. Trim: 1999 Mazda Millenia S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great acceleration, handling and braking. Gas mileage is a plus.
Cons: Car has a slight pause before it takes off when you hammer it down from a stand still, but when it kicks in... hang on. Instrument panel is pretty weak looking.
Overall review: You can have your Beemer. I'll hang on to my Millenia S!
Beauty Queen With Lots of Problems by Eric from L.A. on 10/28/2013. Trim: 1999 Mazda Millenia Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Have driven the car routinely since new as it was my late mother's last car. I inherited it six years ago and have to say that the styling is still great even after 14 years. It is long, lean and very low with very pretty wheels and a beautiful light forest green metallic paint job. Excellent roomy interior with leather seats very comparable to the Lexus ES 300. Just a pretty car all around and I still get compliments on it. Good gas mileage at 28 MPG HWY & 20 around town. Big trunk with plenty of room for everything. Engine / drivetrain has not required any repair in almost 80K miles.
Cons: This car is a real dog for acceleration with the base 2.5L V-6 engine. The car is also much too low for practicality. I've torn all kinds of plastic pieces off the undercarriage and it bottoms out on many speed bumps. The seats look great but are very uncomfortable for long trips. Early on, the A/C went out followed by the front McPherson struts that were made only for the Millenia and only available from Mazda @ $300 each. It failed smog this year at 78K total mileage due to two bad oxygen sensors and has always idled very rough. Ride is not what you'd expect from a higher-end car being rather rough overall and it is very noisy inside.
Overall review: A very pretty car with styling that does not look dated even today but the seats are uncomfortable and it is way too low. Average performance and reliability but very expensive to maintain due to parts prices. As a used vehicle I would avoid this car unless you find one with very low mileage and well cared for.
mazda millenia 1999 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/24/2010. Trim: 1999 Mazda Millenia Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I really did like the vehicle when I first looked at it I was a bit sceptable about it being a 1999 it is eleven years old I wonder if I would have trouble out of it soon I just hope that it was a one owner owened by a little old lady that just drove it to religious services so I was just so tired after my spouse passed the large auto payment was a bit to much for me soooo I believe I just may have gotten hold of a good car I thought well there are several people out there driving 1999's so I hope I have not brought a used lemon
Cons: the fact that the maker did not take the time to place somewhere to place your drink while driving I tried the kind you purchase and stick in near the window and they fell off I need some room to place my cd's cassette I need some more room it's to compack don't get me wrong it's a nice auto just need some room for convience please
Overall review: Hey! it's a great just need to be some more room inside it
Great Car by noquaname on 02/04/2008. Trim: 1999 Mazda Millenia S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Every thing - Every thing you read in the first 25 reviews are very accurate. Mine was a 99' and i bought it with 97K miles in 2006 Aug and is now at 140K miles. CEL on all the time - big deal. O2 and Ign.Coil #4 is back but i haven't fis it yet and the car still speed at 90MPH every days! buy -
Cons: gas millage - but i still like the car each time i opened the door - that's priceless (for now)
Overall review: Buy - Great Buy (if you can find a S model)