2000 Lincoln LS

Keep moving... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/09/2012. Trim: 2000 Lincoln LS V6 Automatic, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great styling, good in the snow with traction control. Drives great when it's running well.
Cons: This has been the least reliable car I have ever owned by far. I have owned the car for a little over 4 years now and put 45k miles on it. Every 6 months something breaks on the car. The valve cover gaskets leak (known problem), shorting out the $100+ coil packs and causing misfires. The problem is that you need to remove the intake manifold to get to the 3 on the passenger side (very expensive). I've also had to replace the water pump, a $150 radiator hose, coolant tank, tie rod ends, window regulators, inside door handle. There is even a foam! gasket that keeps water out of the engine. Well, when they leak (I've replaced it 4 times now), it drips water directly on the rear coil pack!
Overall review: Please look elsewhere for a car, unless you are a mechanic or have lots of money to burn. It runs great when it's running well, which is rare. I even ran out of room above to list the cons. Awful gas mileage, must use premium.
Biggest Mistake I Ever Made by sw.lee on 07/20/2006. Trim: 2000 Lincoln LS V8, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Quick smooth ride.
Cons: Money drain!!! This car will milk you dry. Replaced window reg. twice, everytime you push a buton inside the car it either breaks or pushes into the console where you cant get to it, air conditioning, brakes, valve cover gaskets which led to engine coil replacements, twice!!!! and now my newest repair... plastic timing guide broke and threw the car out of timing.. about $1400...
Overall review: I have had it.. @%&* a ford!! and Lincoln too... I have read the complaints and reviews and these problems are engineering problems!!!! and they are problems the consumer should not have to take!!! I wish I had money left to get an attorney!!! I will never buy a Licoln or Ford made product ever again and will enlighten everyone who asks about my experience with them!!!
Beautiful car that you better, I say better not buy! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/09/2014. Trim: 2000 Lincoln LS V6 Automatic, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Styling and sure footed suspension
Cons: Unusual high number of repairs
Overall review: Great looking and the performance is fantastic. Having said that, it has way to many repairs for a car. I'm not one of those who thinks nothing should break but this car takes the cake. It is a money pit as someone commented. I have 233,000 miles on mine. Bought it in 2003 with 60,000 miles. I'm getting all my money back that I put into it...lol. Yet, I still got love for everything else about it.
Decent, but not for the low income driver. by Packie on 10/20/2013. Trim: 2000 Lincoln LS V8, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Looks nice , sounds nice , handles nice, nice pick up and take off.
Cons: very problematic , costly repairs .
Overall review: if you have the money to put it in then why not but be prepared for parts to cost more than the average ford parts.
"Sporty" Reliable Lincoln by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/29/2010. Trim: 2000 Lincoln LS V8, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, handling, accelleration, extras
Cons: Gas mileage, glove compartment space
Overall review: Bought car a year ago with 70k miles on it. Put another 10k on it in a year, including slick Colorado winter, and I absolutely have no qualms about purchasing the vehicle again if given the choice. The V8 Jag engine is very peppy clocked at 0-60 in 6.8 secs