1999 Lexus ES 300

1999 Lexus ES 300 Prices
1999 Lexus ES 300 Fuel Economy
Car of the Century Nominee by D-Rock in Madison, WI on 05/04/2010. Trim: 1999 Lexus ES 300, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I am a huge fan of gadgets. Even at ten years old, every single button and their functions worked perfectly inside. Not a single maintenance issue in 5 years and 100,000 miles except for a binding steering knuckle, which is really weird. Fixed it with WD40. Fast car all around. I rode her hard in Wisconsin winters and she never let me down. Rain, sleet, snow...DEER were no match. I almost hit a deer once and the car stopped so fast, I bloodied my nose on the steering wheel (no seatbelt...whoops).
Cons: The price dealers ask for one now. $8K for a '99 with 160000 miles. Crazy talk. It is almost worth it though, for real.
Overall review: I sold this car before deployment with 190k miles on it and I am starting to regret it. I am trying to find a car to match the quality and price; nothing comes close. Now, I am trying to find the exact same car again. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, unless you are at the same dealership I am at. In that case, I wouldn't get between me and this car.
A car you can trust. I doubt Lexus still make their cars this well today. by Joe on 03/11/2010. Trim: 1999 Lexus ES 300, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Stylish, comfortable, totally reliable and very decent mileage
Cons: Radio (and other digital displays) fade if exposed to high heat/sun for a long time and become unreadable. Lexus repair centers are extremely expensive (you get snacks , WIFI and all kinds of amenities). They quoted me $1000 to replace the audio unit with the faded display. Through Lexus Owners clubs on the web, I found out I could buy just the display from Pioneer for less than $100.
Overall review: Never had a car this quiet and reliable. Never done a repair (except faded display). No rattles or squeaks after over 100K miles.
Cheap luxury for years to come by K on 09/06/2009. Trim: 1999 Lexus ES 300, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very Very Reliable. Runs on regular!!! Very luxurious..leather seat, power seats are awesome. Lots of space, comes with a car phone! Don't use it but it works and 911 is all you can call but that comes in handy. Has had no issues and it's almost at 200k. Super Nice! Came in special edition I guess..black with a gold stripes on the side, antenna on top!
Cons: The cup holder isn't too good at holding stuff when the car is moving, small trash can, gets stuck when overfilled
Overall review: Great car, no issues or problems, very luxurious, easy to maintain..this car will be out on the rode for another 20 years!
Great car. by Lifetime from Dallas on 01/05/2009. Trim: 1999 Lexus ES 300, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Still looks classy, like a new car.
Cons: Paint starting to peel in places.
Overall review: Great car, better most out there.
Drives the same as new. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/08/2008. Trim: 1999 Lexus ES 300, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Have 85,000 miles - - so far no problems - - recently had original brakes checked, still in good shape. I do take the car on several long trips, but still 85,000 mi. on original brakes is very good.
Cons: Rear seat lacks head room for a person over 6 ft. tall.
Overall review: great car - - a bit expensive to replace with a new one.