1999 Land Rover Range Rover

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Simply the Best!! by Steve, Neworleans, LA on 06/10/2002. Trim: 1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Super looks!! Comforts of home inside. Great A/C. Strong low end touque (perfect for pulling my boat up launch ramp.). Very smooth highway ride.
Cons: Engine a bit noisy on accelleration, but I was driving a lexus RX300 prior to this. A few rattles inside cabin. I've been getting an average of 15.5 mpg., not so bad, but I do use it 85% highway use.
Overall review: Did a lot of research on this vehicle before buying. Would not own one prior to the 1999 model(plenty of excellent changes were incorporated into the 1999 model year). It has been everything I expected and more! Probablly a Range Rover owner for life!! Kind of like a new hobby. This vehicle is not for the mechanically challenged. Most of the bad reviews I've read seem to be from whiners who bought their RR new and expected it to perform to its' price tag. I would never buy one new. Way over priced. Great value for used ones 1999 model year forward.
Are you the type for a Range Rover? by Kingcasa on 06/02/2002. Trim: 1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Best looking SUV out there, nice size and height, comfortable interior, great sound system, not a lot of them on the road like those ugly American SUVs.
Cons: There's typically something wrong with this vehicle, though it's usually small (ie- the glove box has never closed right and the stereo controls on the steering wheel are pretty worthless). The dealership in Dallas was wonderful to deal with; the dealership in Houston is in a very inconvenient location and the customer service is lacking.
Overall review: First, let's get things straight- I am buying another Rover to replace this one at the end of the year, and can't imagine I'll ever drive anything else. I LOVE this car. My Rover definitely has a personality of its own with the little things that go wrong with it, and if you're the type that needs to run to get every little thing fixed immediately, don't buy a Range Rover. My car's not in the shop much, but when it does go in I usually get a little "surprise" that a few more things needed fixing than I thought! DO NOT buy a Rover without the warranty, and even with that, keep in mind the upkeep can be a little steep. Also, the gas mileage isn't great, but it's no different than the other SUVs I saw. The Range Rover is fantastic to drive, and it's great not seeing twins of myself all over the road!
Best Luxury OFF-ROAD SUV by Lewis and Clark on 04/17/2002. Trim: 1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks. Rugged. Can go anywhere. Sound System. Roomy.
Cons: A little overpriced. Poor mileage. Heard quality is an issue, but not with mine.
Overall review: This is a beast. It goes everywhere and anywhere. Do not buy it though if you only plan to use it on the road. Mileage and ride are better on other SUVs, but none can close to it as an off road/luxury SUV. We leave civilization for days while remaining comfortable and carrying all we need including our two dogs, kayaks, bikes.
Unreliable suv by A CarPoint Consumer on 01/25/2002. Trim: 1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: the looks are good.
Cons: It broke down while driving four times in two years. Most unreliable car that we have owned. Have replaced the steering, the starter, the carburetor and now the transmission.
Overall review: Wouldn't recommend anyone to buy this.
Expensive Piece of Junk by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/17/2001. Trim: 1999 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 2 years.
Cons: Been in the shop 45 days in the 1st year.
Overall review: Looks great in the driveway, can't be seen on the road because it never works.
Review ID: #142046 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next