2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Love my Jeep! by Angela from Nebraska on 09/10/2010. Trim: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I've had my Jeep for 10 years now, love it!! I have no intention of trading it off any time soon and if I do, it will be for a newer model. I had the brakes go out when I bought it, but other than that, it gets regular scheduled maintenance and I've never had a problem. It has 150,000 miles on it and I would feel perfectly comfortable driving my family cross-country in it. Love my Jeep.
Cons: Some of the little things are kind of cheap, made out of plastic that just falls apart. But I've noticed that most cars are made that way anymore. Also, the backseat isn't very carseat friendly and there are no latches for the carseat. This wasn't an issue when I purchased it, but it is now.
Overall review: I would buy another one in a heartbeat. It's been reliable and fun to drive.
It may be a grocery getter, but it's still a Jeep! by Matt in the back roads on 12/09/2009. Trim: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Excellent Off road capability, Powerful V8, Great towing for size, Comfortable, Select-Trac & Qudra-Trac are excellent options, Excellent in snow and high water
Cons: Gas mileage, Only seats 5, Steering wheel not precise, little "loose" (easy to move without moving the wheels), Brakes very sluggish after being in 3"+ of water
Overall review: Overall this is a very nice replacement from my '94 Grand Cherokee. As stated, the gas mileage isn't that good, but it rides nice and does very well in 4WD. Seeing that it's a Jeep you can't complain about the gas mileage. Something to ask yourself: Do you want good gas mileage, or poor gas mileage and get your self out of any situation? If you answered to the first part, then you are looking at the wrong vehicle. One thing to remember is that the US Gov't saw potential in the Jeeps and used them for years. If you go to an off-road event, grantee to see Jeeps or all sizes. Jeeps are the "Ultimate Off-Road Machine"
Great Vehicle! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/19/2010. Trim: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Features easy to reach and well placed. VERY limited (unscheduled) maintainance done in the 10 years owned. Approaching 200,000 miles and towed a 24' pontoon boat MANY times on both short and long trips.
Cons: Buttons on steering for radio control - springs went bad. Still work, but volume will occasionally go up or down with no touch. Probably a very easy fix, but never bothered to do it since it happens once a month or so. Towing a boat (24' pontoon) kills gas miliage, but probably would on any 6 cylinder vehicle.
Overall review: I absolutely love and trust this vehicle. So much so that when our son was looking to buy a used car, I figured that this vehicle was better and safer than anything he could afford. Sold to him and bought a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
BEST CAR EVER by MAC - LSU! on 05/31/2010. Trim: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: i loove my jeep, great truck for roadtrips, that jeeps been to miami, atl, houston, panama city.... still going strong (like a bull) at 145,000 engine and transmission working perfectly
Cons: i replaced the rotors when i bought it (used at 99k) but the brake pads still had to be replaced often. ijust bought lifetime warranty so i never had to pay for them again. um what else the ac broke at 140,000 so i bought new everything.
Overall review: excellent car for young adults, i used it to go to college and for roadtrips. it was my baby and kept it well maintained. just sold it to my best friend to buy a 2006 one.
Not a bad Vehicle could have been worse by Larry from CLE on 12/29/2009. Trim: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Easy start-ups in cold weather, A lot of add-ons possible, Comfortable ride and OK gas milage for a Jeep
Cons: Brake Rotors, Door Latches, Substandard Road Lighting and OEM Goodyear Tires(junk)
Overall review: Should have waited 2 years so Chrysler could work the bugs out of the vehicle.