1999 Hyundai Sonata

1999 Hyundai Sonata Prices
1999 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
Good, Roomy Car by QueenChannie from Chicago, IL on 06/25/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good acceleration (with the V6 automatic) and handling, wonderfully comfortable interior (especially on long drives), looks and performs like a much more expensive car. Lots of interior leg room, very smooth comfortable ride. The engine is very quiet (sometimes you can't even tell its running!), and the interior blocks out a lot of road noise. It has an excellent stereo system.
Cons: There were a lot of recalls (none of which were done when I bought the car used). There is a squeaking noise (like wet brakes) that happens constantly and no one can tell me what the problem is. Tends to swerve easily in high wind conditions. The front interior could use a little more head room.
Overall review: Overall, I think it is a good car for the price. I have not had many problems with the car in the year I've had it. I think that the quality of some of the parts used could be a little better, but as with any car, if you perform the right maintenance and take care of it, I think that this Sonata could last you a long time.
HONG KONG PHOOWEEEEEY by BURNED IN MISSISSIPPI on 05/28/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS THE GAS MILEAGE.. 33.5 MILES TO THE GALLON...HIGHWAY
Cons: PIECE OF JUNK! IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP SO MUCH. THE PAINT IS PEELING OFF, CHEAP PLASTIC ON WHEELS. RE-SALE VALUE IS AWFUL. BEEN PAYING FOR THIS FOR 4 YEARS AND IT IS STILL WORTH LESS THAN I OWE.
Overall review: NEVER AGAIN....... NO MORE RICE BURNER FOR ME
A Lemon on wheels by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/26/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Interior
Cons: The frequent visits to the Auto shop for the car dying while in traffic and the auto shop cant figure out whats wrong. I fear for my life when in this car, but I cant sell it because I bought it used and I am now upside down owing more than it is worth. It is a piece of crap and I will never buy from Hyundia again especially since I was told the warranty carried over and it doesnt because I bought it used. I got screeeewed.
Overall review: A piece of crap
wifes car by neohio on 02/27/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: great car
Hyundai... Who Knew? by A MSN Autos Consumer on 02/26/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great handling, three full seatbelts in back seat (even in middle), very roomy, custom acceleration, very responsive, great highway mileage.
Cons: Price of repairs (for any foreign vehicle for that matter)
Overall review: The new revamped Sonata is a fantastic, affordable, dependable car. It's great for consumers that don't have a whole lot to spend on an initial car or on repairs. I have had only two minor problems in as many years, and I have put a lot of miles on it. It's a great highway car.