1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon

1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Prices
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
great by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/12/2008. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's been a good car for me, I probably need to take better care of it then I do.
Cons: Sometimes it seems a little squished in back seat,my son is getting taller but really its something I can deal with
Overall review: I thought about selling it this year but changed my mind.I really couldn't find anything I liked better so I decided to put a little money into it and keep it.I love that the seats lie down for extra space and I get lots of compliments on how cute it is,like a sporty wagon.I bought it used 2yrs (almost 3yrs)ago and now that I've fixed some stuff I'll be keeping it for longer!
worth the price by ArizonaBoy on 03/16/2005. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: gets great gas mileage has good power
Cons: some interior parts are cheap had to replace drivers side door handle 6 times
Overall review: good had 123000 dirt road, arizona heat miles and still runs good
Around the World in an Elantra Wagon by diplomat on 10/14/2004. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: A big car for a little money. It sips gas. It sits well on the road. Lots of cargo room with the rear seats folded. It's cute. It's extremely reliable in all weather conditions.
Cons: Only problem...more interior noise infiltration than I would like and with all the trucks and SUVs on the road sometimes you feel like a small fish swimming next to big predators. Also the kids are bigger now and would like some rear headrests.
Overall review: A big car for a little money. It sips gas. Either you love or laugh at the styling...sort of a 60's stretch VW bug look. Initially we intended to keep this car for 3 or 4 years max. But our family has enjoyed this car for five years plus and it is going strong. It has performed well in everything from snowstorms, -30 degree below days, to 100 degree F days crossing the desert roads of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula a couple times (we shipped it there and back). Repairs have been minimal, we've never had anything fixed under the warranty -- no need. There is ample cargo room with the rear fold down seats for hauling stuff and the roof rack helps too. There is ample interior room and, at over 3,000 pounds, it sits well on the road. Some of the places we go it would be better to have a higher ground clearance. If Hyundai could take this car and transform it into a gas sipping mini SUV for a reasonable price (NO..NOT THE LUXURY AS STANDARD TUCSON!!) , I would buy it!
nice car by mark, omaha on 05/08/2004. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: excellent car for teh money
Cons: none
Overall review: excellent
Great car!!! by Luvmycar from WPB, Fl. on 07/12/2003. Trim: 1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: VERY reliable! Very inexpensive to buy and maintain. Any problems, which have been very few, were taked care of quickly and hassle-free by Hyundai!! Can't beat the warranty and service!!
Cons: I'm on my 3rd Hyundai battery already. The first one was replaced free of charge, 2nd one was pro-rated. Had I know about the cost of the 2nd one, I'd have bought a better longer-lasting brand of battery elsewhere!
Overall review: Would buy this car again in a heartbeat! I do a lot of delivery work and can always count on my car to start right up and keep on going! Can't beat the warranty and service!!
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next