1999 Honda CR-V

Reliable Vehicle by Elizabeth on 03/25/2010. Trim: 1999 Honda CR-V LX 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I've had my CR-V for 8 years and I've not had to pay for any major repairs. The CR-V maneuvers well allowing me to pull into tight spaces easily. The gas milleage is great, too.
Cons: The road noise in the CR-V cabin can be loud on the highway. There is no pick up so pulling out into traffic and merging onto the highway takes some effort on the vehicle's part and patience on my end.
Overall review: The CR-V is a reliable vehicle. I have a total of 148,000 miles on it after 10 years of ownership and am confident I can get at least another 50,000 on it. It will deffinitely give you your money's worth and then some. I will own another one when this one *sniff*sniff* passes away.
Not bad. by FritzCat on 03/10/2002. Trim: 1999 Honda CR-V EX 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Worry free real time 4wd; does great in snow. Built in Japan quality. Excellent road visibilty. Comfortable seats and ride. Reliable commuter and family car..It does the basics and then some. Good gas mileage for an SUV. Great resale value.
Cons: My only complaint is the weak engine. The engine struggles somewhat when you are hauling 4 people and a bunch of luggage. Cruise control over reacts on hills, sending engine into low gear frenzy. Engine/road noise a bit load on the highway.
Overall review: Overall I would highly recommend this vehicle for those of us who want the functions of an SUV, a carlike ride, but do not seriously off road. If you need to haul a big trailer, or travel off road; consider something more truck-like. .
Best Buy by Mom of 2 on 10/16/2009. Trim: 1999 Honda CR-V EX 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's small but can still carry a lot.
Cons: I wish it could fit three infant carseats/boosters across the back seat. It doesn't have much power but it does get up and go when you floor it. Also there is a bad blind spot for short drivers.
Overall review: We have had our CR-V for 5 years now and we love it. The only draw back we have found is if we have another child we may have to purchase a bigger vehicle. It will be either a Pilot or an Odyessy for sure. I have owned 6 Honda's in my life and will not buy anything else. My other car is a 1996 Civic Ex.
It's really a Confortable Runabout Vehicule (CR-V) by Rodolfo from Dominican Republic on 08/02/2009. Trim: 1999 Honda CR-V EX 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The CR-V is really what I call ALL-IN-ONE vehicule, it has everything you need for in any driving condition: city/highway/off-road transport. And best of all, doing all this with a great mpg results, almost the same as any compact car on the market. A big center sunroof it's a blast, 6 disc honda factory stereo, a freezing air conditioning, super roomy. It's good to know that this model and 02-06 offers 8.1 inch ground cleareance, all others have less de 8 inches. Very low maintenance cost, only oil/filter change and schedule tasks applied.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: I think that defently this is the car of the future, since you don't need any other auxiliary transport mean to do the work. Great on gas, cargo room, confort in space and entertaiment for the entire family, and when need to go to the country off-road, you are confindent with the very well known and recognized "REAL TIME 4WD".
Best Workhorse by sam on 12/18/2008. Trim: 1999 Honda CR-V LX 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: An excellent workhorse.
Cons: I have read most of the cons from the other reviewers, although I can hardly agree with a few of them, I believe most reviewers are simply nitpicking. In my opinion, CR-V does not have any major cons worth mentioning or would prevent me from buying another one.
Overall review: Over the years, I have owned over 20 cars (domestics and imports). CR-V is the unequivocally the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. My CR-V has over 100k miles and has been to the shop only once.