1999 GMC Sonoma

Excellent vehicle. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/05/2011. Trim: 1999 GMC Sonoma SLE Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I've had the truck for 7 years and its still going at 308000 km.
Cons: Seat handles broke but other than that, its a great truck.
Overall review: Excellent truck.
Capable in a small package by Sam from Canada on 04/05/2011. Trim: 1999 GMC Sonoma SLS Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Power is more than enough for everyday driving (with the 4.3) Good looking, with a good quality interior for an American truck of the time. Is as capable as most people need a truck to be, and will take you anywhere you need to go on dry ground..
Cons: gas mileage is not ideal, but manageable.
Overall review: Solid and reliable when maintained.
Can you hear me now? by Andy to the E Beaverton, MI on 09/12/2008. Trim: 1999 GMC Sonoma SLS Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Sonoma. It's equipped with a 4.3L Vortec, 5 sp Manual, and the 16" Aluminum wheels.. I absolutley LOVE it!
Cons: The seat comfort
Overall review: Awesome
It will run forever by Dennis from Michigan on 08/19/2007. Trim: 1999 GMC Sonoma SLS Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I currently have over 225,000 miles on this truck. (ZR2 model). The motor is still very strong. No major problems other than the trans.
Cons: Replaced transmission at 130,000 miles. The cast aluminum seat recliner rod broke on both seats. The 3rd door, door handle broke, poor designs... I re-made one out of steel. The transfer case encoder motor or the transfer case control module went out (I replaced both). The 4.3 vin X, could use a turbo. An external trans cooler is a must.
Overall review: Very reliable once you get past the numerous things that go wrong at about 130,000 miles. Great off road and in the snow.
My favorite by Bigfoot Sonoma Driver on 07/22/2006. Trim: 1999 GMC Sonoma SLS Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love the truck period. It takes a beating and comes back for more. I've had mine overloaded and it still pulled hard. I get decent mileage for any truck and it has kept me safe in several car accidents. Elk are not kind to cars. It looks good and drives well. I can put it into corners with the best of them. Perfect truck for a new driver with many options to customize them like mine. This is the best truck. I'm buying another one as we speak.
Cons: cheap seat handles, plastic front. I HATE PLASTIC in the front of cars. Way to costly to repair and a pain to paint.
Overall review: I would recommend this truck to anyone. As there is one for just about anyone. It's a great first truck for the new driver as it was for me and is a fun truck to customize and make your own. Great styling, reliability and looks as well as gas mileage. I love my little red Sonoma.