2000 Ford Expedition

2000 Ford Expedition Prices
2000 Ford Expedition Fuel Economy
2000 Expedition XLT 4WD - Great, except................ by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/19/2011. Trim: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This is my favorite vehicle I've owned. I bought it new in 2000 and it just recently turned over 100,000. Both the exterior and interior have held up very well; the truck doesn't look 5 years old, let alone 10+. It has the Sports appearance package which only available in 2000, which makes it look different than most of the other Expeditions from that period. It handles well for what it is, and has plenty of power. I regularly tow a 7,000 lb trailer with it without any problems.
Cons: Although the overall design and execution are great; there are some serious & expensive design flaws. One is the Triton engine's tendency to launch spark plugs. I had one launched and it cost nearly $1000 to repair at the Ford dealership. I recenlty lost the rear differential and that was nearly $2,000 to repair at the dealership. Once it was repaired, it turns out the front diff is whinning but the whine from the rear was much worse and so was masking it. I've never had to have a diff repaired in any other vechilce I've owed and to have both go bad in this one is ridiculous; especially since I take good care of my vehicles & don't abuse them.
Overall review: I really like this vehcile and plan on keeping it. Hopefully the money I'm putting into both diffs will pay off and I'll get another 100k out of them. The spark plug launching is a major concern to me, not only due to potential repair costs but the loss of reliability since breakdowns always seem to happen when you're in the middle of nowhere or at very inconvenient times.
Best Suv for your Buck. by Rick on 02/06/2006. Trim: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This vehicle is an all around great SUV. It is roomy and you have a 5.4L V8 engine to supply you with plenty of power. I have had no mechanical issues with this vehicle.
Cons: As with any SUV the fuel economy is the concern. 13city 16Hwy.
Overall review: In my opinion the 1997 to 2002 Model of the Expedition is more attactive than the 2003 to 2006 Model. I would say get an Expedition but only if they change the style to a more unique and attractive Model.
BLUE LAGOON by JEANNETTE FROM CALI on 10/11/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: THE STYLE AND LUXURIES. IT HAS ALOT OF POWER.
Cons: THAT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT. VERY MINOR THINGS, BUT STILL THINGS THAT HAVE TO BE REPAIRED.
Overall review: IT'S A GOOD LOOKING SUV - HAS ALOT OF SPACE, ALOT OF FEATURES. DRIVES GREAT.
125K and still going strong by Larry from Marlton, NJ on 04/23/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Unlimited amount of room. My wife is able to go from the front to the back seat to feed the baby with no problem. We were not able to do that with our Nissan Pathfinder with our older son. I currently have 125,000 mile and have had no major mechanical problems. Great for towing and the Family!
Cons: Build quality is consistent with american cars. Fit and finish does not compare to foreign cars. Vibration during acceleration after 100K miles. Terrible knocking sound when the engine is cold. Resale value stinks!
Overall review: Overall it has been a good vehicle. I think I will try the Sequoia next.
Great vehicle by Rob on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: We have had no problems with this vehicle since new. It originally came with Firestone tires which we replaced imeadiately with Michelin and Ford reimbursed us for later. Good vehicle and would consider buying another when we decide to replace it.
Cons: The leather seats are a bit hard. Air suspension compressor is a little noisy
Overall review: Good road car and overall people hauler with no problems so far.