2000 Ford Focus

When did Ford Make trucks Look like cars? by GalaxieMaster from North Florida on 05/15/2012. Trim: 2000 Ford Focus SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought my 2000 Focus SE used from a dealer . It was a lease return. It had about 36k miles and the tires and brakes were toast. We currently have 147k miles now and I've had to do the brakes front and rear, motor mount, radiator, thermostat housing, rear shocks..... OMG i just realized its a 12 year old car!!! ALL this maintenance I've done has been the last two years! All the people I see complaining about these cars have not listed when they did the repair work. was it new? 1? 2? 3 years old?
Cons: It didn't have a V6 option..... Although the DOHC 2.0 is rockin really good.
Overall review: I have owned this car since 2003 and it has been the best investment I've made on a car. My wife drives it almost every day and I tow trailers, went on vacations, and I even towed my newest addition to my Ford garage, a 1999 Ford Contour SE Sport 27 miles back to my house on Interstate 95 at 85 MPH. Lets see a Kia do that.
Take it BACK!!! by Mick on 11/02/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Focus SE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: This car looks great, awesome handling and the car could zip in and out of traffic easily.
Cons: LeMoN -> Brakes, Rotors, Window Electric Motors and Air Condition. I spent way too much money repairing these items after Ford claimed they repaired all after being recalled! Yeah Right!
Overall review: This car is a good beater for 2nd hand use or 2nd car. Not a family car at all!
An Awkward Gem by chavener95 on 05/25/2009. Trim: 2000 Ford Focus SE Wagon, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This is a car that was, in my opinion, blessed with unique European Styling. We've had this car for 4 years, bought it used, and it has 175,000 miles on it. NO RUST, and the interior is immaculate. I've had people ask me if it was "new". When it is completely detailed, it is a very good looking car. The wife loves it. Interior is comfortable, and the wagon gives a well balanced driving experience.
Cons: This thing is HORRIBLY TERRIFYING in the snow. I absolutely refuse to drive it in the winter time outside of town. At highway speeds, the car has flown off the road multiple times during snowfall. It is to lightweight, and the suspension and steering is to nimble for Iowa winters. Even with four 50lb sandbags in the rear, Bridgestone Blizzak Tires (x4), 5 passengers, and a full tank of gas, this thing does not want to stay on snow covered winter roads.
Overall review: This has been money well spent. It is extremely reliable, and I've had no trouble with it. It makes an excellent car for city driving. Not so much for Out Of Town driving. The engine was replaced at 140,000 because the head gasket blew, but the transmission is original. I must be lucky that it hasn't given out yet (knock on wood)
Ultimate Focus by PinkVictorian on 12/23/2008. Trim: 2000 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Theatre-style seats are fabulous! This means your body is in a very ergonomic position and is well suited to long hours of driving. Driver's seat adjusts up and down to accommodate any height driver. Style is still current eight years later. Handles nicely. Good gas mileage. I intend to keep this car until it dies - and no sign of that yet. No problems.
Cons: Acceleration is quite slow to react, can be a problem especially when merging into high-speed traffic.
Overall review: Best car I've owned in a long time! I was changing cars every two years until I got the Focus. I'm in the 9th years and still love this car. The newer models have changed quite a bit. The theatre seating has been discontinued, so I won't be getting another Focus. Too bad.
Ok at first, nightmare in the end. by Ryan from PA on 10/26/2008. Trim: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It took about 7 years and over 100,000 miles for it to start acting up. Cheap to fill with gas and get about 25-30mpg highway. Roomier than it looks.
Cons: Weird tire size. Many recalls because its the first year the car was made. As far as repairs: when it rains it pours. Last year it was rear brakes and roaters. This year its transmission and ignition problems. The car goes through tires like crazy. rides rough for a car. The brakes screech like a pig when you tap the pedal and can get really annoying. Air bag light and E-brake light mysteriously came on out of the blue.
Overall review: This car is a good beater car or a "second" vehicle, or maybe a college student's car. It's pretty reliable and cheap to maintain, but not a family's primary vehicle.