1999 Ford Escort

1999 Ford Escort Prices
1999 Ford Escort Fuel Economy
My little car by WV Granny on 05/22/2011. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Thought I had trouble in 2010 because it felt like the transmission was slipping, but my brother told me to get the fluid changed. I did and the problem was gone. Love this little car.
Cons: none
Overall review: It handles well, makes tight turns.
My Old Reliable by Pennsylvania on 10/14/2009. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Hot, Owned 10 years.
Pros: This vehicle is 10 years old and going strong. I love my ZX2 and was extremely disappointed when Ford discontinued it. I do not like the Focus. If they still had ZX2 I would be buying it. I have a 10 year old car that still gets 27-29 mpg in town. I can't get a new car to match.
Cons: That they don't make them. The only issue I have had is the drain on the engine when the a/c or heater is on. This has been from day one. Since I am not a big fan of a/c that didn't matter but the heat is nice.
Overall review: Excellant vehicle
Very Under-rated Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/29/2009. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort ZX2 Cool, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very Quick and handles extremely well at speed. Easy to work on too.
Cons: Parts are kind of expenseive most are special order from ford.
Overall review: I was lacking excitement when my uncle said he was going to give it to me. That all ended when I drove it for the first time. Took it from Phoenix, AZ to Boise, ID two days later. I'll never trade it in minimal matainence and it has over 200,000 miles on it.
GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Very good reliability and sound handling. between 30 to 35 MPG highway. Paint finish still good except for a very small amount of rust-"MN road salt and car almost 10 years old." Decent front seats and general comfort for long drives. Factory 6 disk changer, decent stereo and keyless entry considering price paid new. Doors still close like it is new in the showroom, which you will never see in a Cavalier or a Neon. Not expensive to repair.
Cons: Engine not as smooth as some Asian brands--"Sounds like a Briggs and Straton motor from a lawnmower." Had a couple alternators replaced when car newer and under warranty years ago and rear springs broke around 100K, which I was told is common. New springs and struts put in all around at that time. Put new headlight casing in around 100K too cause water got in it. No other problems and car has 140K of hard cold winter starting and lots of short trips on it.
Overall review: My wife bought this car new in 1999 and it has been consistently reliable, except for the items listed above, which are nothing compared to many other cars I have had. I told my wife she should replace it with a newer vehicle but she told me that she wont let it go until it is completely dead. Sometimes I hope it will die but I think my 1 year old kid will probably be driving it when he turns 16.
A true road warrior by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/18/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort SE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: My 99 Escort has 231 thousand miles on it, at 130000 replaced the thermostat and seal, the front end ball joints at 170000, and at 229000 replaced the Belt, That's it. Doesn't use any oil. 5 speed, Heck, it has the original battery in it. 5 sets of tires and 27 oil changes, I keep looking for the bunny and the drum in it.
Cons: The driver seat was never very comfortable, the headlight lens are getting dull, old age is a b.
Overall review: This car is the best I have ever owned. I think it will make 300000 easy, and mpg is still about 39 highway and over 30 city. The stars aligned when this one was made.