1999 Ford Escort Wagon

1999 Ford Escort Wagon Prices
1999 Ford Escort Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
Good little wagon by John from BC on 09/05/2009. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort Wagon SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very dependable. Still has the original battery. A lot of room for a small car. No engine problems so far (150,000km).
Cons: Not a very quiet drive. Have had to do the brakes a few times.
Overall review: Have had this car for the first two kids and it has proven to be a dependable small-family car that I have never really had to worry about.
A basic, cheap and reliable car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/30/2007. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort Wagon SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I've had this car for several years, We bought it used when it had 20,000 miles on it. It's a 5-speed, station wagon. Very good on gas, we average about 30-35 mpg. Easy to drive. Reliable. very cheap to maintain. Lots of room! You can put a bike in side with the rear seat down. We have over 100,000 miles and-it doesn't burn oil.
Cons: Problems: Broken rear springs(I understand this is a common problem) broken part in A/C, (about $300 to fix) alternator died at about 70000 miles. Brake rotors weak (they warp easily) so drive conservatively Not the quickest,car of there.
Overall review: A cheap, reliable car.
Review ID: #519376 Is this review offensive?
A great commuter/student car by Garrett on 07/16/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort Wagon SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I got my Escort wagon a few years ago with 56,000 miles; it now has 90,000. It's been a great car--extremely reliable, good on fuel economy, and with more comfortable seats than my wife's cruddy Mercury Sable wagon. I have the manual transmission which is definitely the way to go; my sister has a 97 Escort sedan that is even more gutless (the AT cuts a fair bit of power). In general, acceleration is adequate--although passing someone on a two lane road is something that becomes a thing of the past. The AC is great. It's amazing how much junk you can fit in the trunk. The car's been (righly) praised for years by Consumer Reports for reliability.
Cons: The car really doesn't like to go over 60-65 miles an hour; the road and engine noise get a bit ridiculous. We took it on a trip from LA to San Fran and had to stay in the truck lane up hills. The rear springs were broken at purchase; it's the one major mechanical problem with the car. Lately, a bit of water is getting into the tire well but that's the only other issue I've had--and it should hopefully be straightforward. The car is very light; without antilock brakes (as mine is), the car is pretty bad in snow. I wouldn't want to get in an accident in it; the doors weigh almost nothing. The fuel economy really takes a dive at 70+ mph; I've gotten as little as 23-25 with it.
Overall review: This is a great commuter car or great student car. You can get them used for cheap and without fear that the car has serious problems. The cars run forever, and parts for the car are really cheap. I'd try to find one with a manual and, if you live in an area with snow, antilock brakes. If you want a car that's a bit safer, or live in the mountains or where there's lots of snow (I live in ND), I'd maybe think twice. But I'm personally very fond of the car despite its flaws and would buy another one.
Great little wagon. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/29/2007. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort Wagon SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Reliable. Other than routine maintenance all I have had to replace was the rear springs. You can haul a lot of freight with the back seats down.
Cons: Gutless. Cabin noise. Not very comfortable on a long trip.
Overall review: I have had this car for 5.5 yrs and has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. With 230000km its still running strong. Change the transmission filter and fluid to make sure the tranny lasts.
great little wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/08/2005. Trim: 1999 Ford Escort Wagon SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good mileage, handles well on the road
Cons: to noisey, to much vibration
Overall review: good car for the money, lots of room for a small car
2 3 4 5 6  Next