1999 Ford Taurus Wagon

1999 Ford Taurus Wagon Prices
1999 Ford Taurus Wagon Fuel Economy
Good elder drivers car. by Ranger. From Nutmeg state. on 01/06/2010. Trim: 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Easy to handle. Good looking. Well made
Cons: Center console, when rest pushed over to get drink holders. Inconvenient, blocks dash. Too much jar over rough spots in road. Road noise.
Overall review: Like car. Kept quality.
A sleeper econo-van by Joe in CT on 06/04/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Surprisingly, the gas mileage.... up to 27mpg if you drive it "right". It is a comfortable highway cruiser. I use mine (have had 3 in past 5 years) as a "van" to transport myself, crew, and cargo to job sites.
Cons: The heater core..... it's cheap to buy, but it has a shop book time of 10 hr's to replace. I always worry at the beginning of each winter if I'll have heat! The power steering rack will blow as well.....
Overall review: Don't get the 3.8L engine. Do get the 3.0. Check for heater operations and fluid levels.
"Superwagon" by Tony from Ontario, Canada on 07/07/2009. Trim: 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My Taurus has the 24v Durotech engine rated at 225 hp. Even though the car has over 240,000 kilometers on it the motor is strong and powerful and far superior to my wife's 1998 Taurus wagon with the 140 hp Vulcan motor. It will cruise all day in total comfort. Climate air and audio systems are great. A sporty car with lots of room for the kids, the groceries or large flea market finds. I bought the car used with a little over 200,000 k's and the car has been trouble free in the three years that I have owned it.
Cons: The replacement cost of the exhaust system. I prefer the style of the 1998 alum wheels (nitpickin').
Overall review: I love this car and I wish they still made it exactly as they did in 1999!
They might not need a bailout if they still made these! by Cary in Brooklyn on 12/27/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Size, comfort, decent handling, value
Cons: that they dont make it anymore!!!!
Overall review: I leased one of these new in 1999-that was almost 10 years ago-and I am nostaligic. It was a really great car, at least for the 3 years I owned it. Trouble free, as it should have been. The size and comfort were great and it had that cool look to it. Most of my friends had much fancier cars - Volvos, Benzes - not it my budget. People were always pleasantly surprised when they rode in my car. It had a quality ride and feel to it. I know a few other people who had this wagon and loved it...in fact, the older vintages were much loved as well. I never met a dissatisfied Taurus Wagon owner.
1999 Ford Taurus Wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/23/2008. Trim: 1999 Ford Taurus Wagon SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like the reliability of the car. Ours has 180,000 miles in it and still running strong. handles great in all weather conditions. snow, rain ext...
Cons: The trans did have to be rebuilt at 120,000 miles do to it is all plastic internal parts. also the breaks love to get hung up. it is a 4 wheel disk break but they are very easy to change, the routers are junk. you have to replace them all the time because they get warped very fast. the after market routers are cheep to buy only $15 to $20.00.
Overall review: over all it has been a good car i would buy it again.