2000 Dodge Stratus

2000 Dodge Stratus Prices
2000 Dodge Stratus Fuel Economy
DO NOT BUY by Tom from Frederick, MD on 08/10/2004. Trim: 2000 Dodge Stratus ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Nothing.
Cons: Irritated. Read below...
Overall review: I had transmission problems in December 2003 at ONLY! 50K miles. It cost me $750 to get that fixed. I went in a few months ago (June 2004) to get my AC tested and had some freon put in. Only then to drive it away from the dealership to start hearing a noise coming from under the hood. Turns out my compressor is going bad now at 60K miles. That will cost all told $1150! to fix. I filed a complaint with Dodge. They said they would put my complaint on file. (Gee, like that will do anything.) Now, at 63K miles, my Check Engine light has come on. I'm waiting for the dealer to call me back now about what is going on THIS time. I wish I had read reviews about this car before I bought it. I see so many other people having problems with this car. Don't take a chance on this. You might get lucky - BUT then again, you might end up like me and many others are here!
great car by joviti on 02/22/2004. Trim: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: great car
Good investment by Kyle RI on 03/09/2011. Trim: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It's got a good deal of pep for it's size and handles like a champ. Can do the Thurders Ave. curve at 90 while weaving in and out of traffic. It's also roomy My friend is 6' 5" and he fits in comfortably. Also it has a truly massive trunk, plenty of space and the interiors held up well for its age
Cons: It has a few electrical gremlins here and there the ac only works on high the defrost takes way to long to kick in and a window motor is friend (my fault). whoever designed the engine compartment obviously had no real world experience,(only car I've seen where I have to take off a tire to find the battery). The fuel economy is meh 16 gallon tank gets me ~300 miles but that might just be me.
Overall review: Great car I got it from my dad 2 years ago and he bought it new in 99' for 15k and I really cant complain to much timing belt and pulley went at 110,000 which cost 650 but no real big problems, 120,000 and still using the factory battery. A really tough car and it handles good in the snow.
Really nice car by Illinois on 11/04/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like all the cup holders i dont know why everyone is complaining..the seats are really nice, its roomy, and looks more expensive then it really is.
Cons: The breaks do squeak a little but it doesnt bother me and they arent as strong as i would like them but otherwise i cant think of anything else
Overall review: i like the car alot its really cute and nice.
A good little car. by Tammy KY on 07/23/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handles great on the road. I have owned my stratus for almost 2 years, no majors problems.
Cons: Wish the Se came with a cd player
Overall review: I would buy another Dodge Stratus.