2000 Dodge Durango

It's paid for by RECON on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2000 Dodge Durango 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: It's a good looking truck, especially when it's clean and shiny. It can get good mpg if you downsize the tires or use only road tires, not A/Ts. The 3rd row back seat is useless but cool.
Cons: It's under-powered, the transmission had to replaced, the fuel injectors have leaked twice now, it now has 100k + miles and squeaks everywhere, the backseat a/c stopped working at 80k miles and the entire a/c went out right at 100k. It already needs a new exhaust since this one is getting holes and every emmission sensor has been replaced twice, the oil pressure is low until you give gas then it raises. It gets about 14-16 mpg or 300 miles per tank as opposed to the over 400 miles per tank it got when I first bought it.
Overall review: With the right power train this would be an EXCELLENT truck.
keeps on truckin by Brad NE on 08/25/2006. Trim: 2000 Dodge Durango 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have my durango for 4 years. never any problems. like the rigid and toughness of the truck. love the 3rd seat and 4wd is the best ive driven in a snowstorm. Have 99000 miles on it and sure it will go another 99000.
Cons: none its an excellent vehicle
Overall review: i would recomend it to anyone who is looking for a decent sized suv
Great Truck by Pleased in Houston on 10/11/2004. Trim: 2000 Dodge Durango 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Excellent performance. Reliable--in shop only once for something other than routine maintenance, and it was covered under warranty.
Overall review: This has been an excellent car, with lots of room and a good ride. Leather upholstery has held up well. Cargo area is exceptional.
Room for how many? Not! by Squeezed in Avondale AZ on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Durango 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Looks nice, stylish.
Cons: While you may be able to take off fast at the light, you have to fill up the tank at the next. Been in the shop more times then I can remember. One problem took we threating to lemon before it was taken care of.(loud screech in reverse)I have five children two of which are quite tall, the third row in by no means meant for anyone over 4 feet tall. Not enough cargo space.
Overall review: To many problems, not enough room. Bad gas mileage.
Durango girl by Angela from Massachusetts on 10/02/2013. Trim: 2000 Dodge Durango 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Size and power! I can fit 7 passengers, great for families. The engine is strong, we can pull anything(campers, trailers) it never feels sluggish or weak, always ready to drive fast and strong.
Cons: Fuel usage, the gas mileage is not good. Fine for local driving, but for trips I feel like I spend a fortune on gasoline.
Overall review: I've had my 2000 Durango since 2005, so it's been good to me for 8 years! I will not go back to anything smaller than with a third row seat, I've been used to the extra space for too long. My particular vehicle was salvaged from an accident, so I've put a lot of money into it, the same problems over and over again- front end repairs to axle, axle boot, tyrod ends, etc. I've also paid to have the heads rebuilt and resurfaced, that was a $2000 repair! However, if I didn't have those issues, this has been an excellent, reliable, powerful vehicle that fits everyone and everything, just uses a lot of gas.