2000 Dodge Avenger

2000 Dodge Avenger Prices
2000 Dodge Avenger Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Five Good Years by Red from Denver on 08/24/2011. Trim: 2000 Dodge Avenger Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Handling is way fun. It's decently sturdy for mountain trips. Looks pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.
Cons: Underpowered. Seems to have reliability problems. The door-tar-melting problem is a real thing and weird to address.
Overall review: Got my Avenger used in '06 for $6000 with an odometer reading of 50k. Thought, "Wow, that's a pretty good deal for those miles." I am now preparing to send it off to car heaven due to a catastrophic combination of failures that just reared their ugly heads at 99k. Here's the thing, while I drove the car, its been good to me. There were the usual used care quirks (no AC, the door lock fell into the door, ignition switch replaced, an unreported accident left me with massive alignment issues), but overall it did its job. And like mentioned above, the suspension is rad. Taking turns too fast has never been more fun than in this car. I got five good years out of it. Maybe 100k is just its life expectancy. Yeah, that's pretty low in the scheme of autos, so maybe that makes it a bad car. But it never was a bad car for me. I suppose I wouldn't recommend getting one past 100k for any price, especially now with its value so low. That said, the Avenger will always hold a soft spot in my memory.
More Looks than Power by Alonzo on 01/30/2004. Trim: 2000 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Agreesive styling is very eye catching.
Cons: The car lacks the power of other cars in its class
Overall review: Orverall the car is "ok" to drive. They should have put a more beefier engine into the car to compensate for all the weight. Results are most cars in its class have much more power.
Avenger Angel by Cheryl on 08/12/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like that it is sporty and yet not too small. I like that it is 2 doors. I like the gear shift on the floor in the middle so it is kind of like a stick but it is automatic. I like the CD player. I had a 1996 model before I got the 2000 model. I like the sun/moon roof.
Cons: The only thing about it that is partially bad is that it seems to be lower to the ground. I just have to be careful not to scrape the front end going in and out of some driveways.
Overall review: I really like the Dodge Avenger. Like I said I had a black 1996 model with leather seats and it had over 100.000 miles on it. So I traded it for the 2000 model and it is white with cloth seats and a sportier model. I think it is very comfortable to drive and has good power when needed to pass.
17 " wheels by bonjo on 08/12/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: great
Get Serious by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/06/2003. Trim: 2000 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: Most of the reviews on here are a joke. I can't believe how people rave about such mediocre cars, just because it's theirs. I haven't checked the Geo Storm, or Firefly pages but there's probably owners rating those a 9 too. The Avenger is not a great car and is not a 9 or a 10. It's not an Eclipse and not a Stealth. The Avenger is trying to be like those cars, but it just ain't cutting it. It's like you people want a Corvette but are buying a Chevette instead.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next