2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

Decent Car with Minor Problems by Aaron Fitz on 06/27/2009. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have the basic 2.2 OHV engine with a 5-spd. Just recently took it from northern PA to southern FL and back completely packed with luggage and a passenger and achieved 37mpg with the A/C on! Even though its a no thrill base model, the little engine has enough pep to get on the highway without worrying about being run over by a tractor trailer. It has 14 inch tires which are pretty cheap to replace. Winter time is easy in this car with its little tires..cuts through snow better than most 4x4's with wide tires. Parts are pretty cheap and very easy to replace. Just hit 150k and the bottoms of the doors are just starting to show a little bit of rust. Everything still works!
Cons: Eats front wheel bearings for lunch...seems to be a problem with most FWD GM products though. Luckily they are easy to change, so I do it myself. Same goes for the front brakes. Changing the slave cylinder on the 5spd requires dropping the tranny. Cheap interior parts that do break over time. No tachometer on a standard? C'mon! My rear defrost doesn't work..no idea why. Fuse is fine and there are no breaks on the back window.
Overall review: These are decent cars for as ancient as they really are. My last car was a 97 Cavalier Z-24. I recommend that model more because the 2.4L Twin Cam engine is very quick. But with the 2.2L and the 5spd, its not bad. Biggest issues seem to be the front wheel bearings, brakes, and interior quality. But if your looking for basic transportation that gets decent MPG's...this is your ride. Throw some 18" wheels on your base model 2 door, and they look pretty sharp. I'd buy another one with lower miles and a good maintenance history. Insurance rates can be high for teens due to worse than average side crash test results. I see my Cavi hitting 200k without any problems...and I do change my oil every 3,500 miles.
cavalier 4life by j man on 12/27/2010. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great stereo system, impressive power for a 4 cylinder, the exterior looks decent for the price. very comfortable seats with a lot of leg room. It's cheap.
Cons: I have been doing quite a bit of minimal repairs at 100k miles. the front dash peice always cracks from the sun. my car started to rust beneath the gas tank lid and underneath the doors. I replaced the brakes, rotors, tires, and hubs but that was just for fun, they didnt really need replaced. It is great in the summer but in the winter it does not get around very well because it is light.
Overall review: Great little car that gets me to school everyday without worry. I plan on driving this car until it rolls into the junkyard. =)
Not the Best, but VERY GOOD by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/22/2009. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: alll
Cons: none
Overall review: good car for the money
PERFECT by Donnie on 02/05/2009. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love everything about this car. Its not the fastest thing out there, but for being a four cylinder, its quick. I get really good gas mileage, and I'm constantly passing people with the pedal to the floor. This car handles the roads great, and will go through anything, from 3 feet of snow, to pouring rain, to the nastiest off roads, with no hesitation. I've never had any problems with this car, and its always there when other people are having problems with theirs. I never plan on selling this vehicle, and when it comes to the day, I'll be looking for another one.
Cons: Can't give you any information here
Overall review: If you're looking for a nice, dependable car, that has great performance, and gets good gas mileage, while still looking great, look no further :]
From Point A to Point B Everytime by The Silver Bullet on 10/14/2003. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: When it comes down to driving through the elements it's better than a Sherman tank.
Cons: Sorry, can't help you here.
Overall review: Love the price, drivability, handling, parking, gas, style, drop-down back seat-what's not to love. With regular maintenance that car will outlive most people I know.