2000 Chevrolet Impala

LEMON by Sweet T on 03/16/2005. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's a very comfortable car and you can't beat how it handles, BUT there is ALWAYS something wrong with it. I am forever replacing this part or that part. I am going for the Honda Accord. It can't be as bad as this Impala has been.
Cons: Always replacing parts. Stays at dealer as much as with me
Overall review: Will not own another GM product
The Durability Surprise. by Bill on 05/14/2011. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Impala Base, Owned 10 years.
Pros: All around durability; wiring, air intake system, and the overall interior of the car. I the summer of 2009 my wife and I drove this car coast to coast three (3) times without a single problem. We still own it today as our second car. It would cost us much more money to replace it with an equally dependent car than we could sell this one for. We will only guess how long we will be driving it since the body style and paint job still look nice.
Cons: The cup holders that fit into the between seat console broke the first year and could not be replaced without buying the entire console. All these years we have been using hanging cup holders. I believe the problem has bben corrected in newer Impalas.
Overall review: I believe this car was superbly engineered. Notice how many of them from the early 2,000s are still on the road. Every thing electric or mechanical is still working after eleven years.
Time to buy newer by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/25/2010. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Impala Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Somewhat roomy interior, good notification system
Cons: High maintenance, many recalls are issued on this model, costly repairs. EVERYONE HAS ONE!!!
Overall review: I believe I was the second owner of this vehicle, but I'm starting to realize now why the first owner traded it in. I put more into this car than I did into any of the Japanese cars that I owned. Maintanence was very much an issue. Everytime I took it to the shop, something needed to be done. I suspect the cheap parts that were used to manufacture it has something to do with the constant trips to the shop. Also the cooling system in GM cars is problamatic and expect to pay costly repairs when your gaskets blow (Don't believe me, then research Dex Cool and read the numerous complaints). If you have the money to throw away, then sure invest in this car. It was probably very good in its earlier years, but now it's a piece of junk. The Impala is also a VERY commonly owned car. I see one on the road almost everywhere I go.
reliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/12/2009. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Impala Base, Owned 9 years.
Pros: It has been a very reliable car.. We are still getting 33mpg, with nothing ever being done to this car except normal maintence..
Cons: It is not a real good car for long trips, comfort wise. The seats are not high tec, and is not easy to get out of.
Overall review: will keep this car
Best sedan available by Jason from Milwaukee on 06/30/2004. Trim: 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Roomy, fast, handles great, stops on a pinhead.
Cons: Had a problem with coolant leak that dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong... later a recall was done on vehicle to fix this.
Overall review: This is a great car that has it all... for me it was definitely worth the extra cash to upgrade to the LS.