1999 Chevrolet Blazer

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Prices
1999 Chevrolet Blazer Fuel Economy
THE LEMON by Kay on 01/31/2009. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Door 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This blazer handles well in the winter.
Cons: I have had nothing but problems with this truck. I seem to be replacing things piece by piece.
Overall review: Would never own another blazer. My next truck will hopefully be a toyota.
I Loved It For Nine Years by Carol on 06/27/2008. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4-Door 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: This car has features that are hard to find on newer cars. I love the dual visors (never found them on anything), automatic headlights (have to buy top of the line to get them), daytime running lights, drivers right armrest (most now are too short and low), overhead outside temperature and compass display, simple folding rear seats (you don't have to remove headrests or push the entire seat up), decent quality carpet that holds up, cassette player AND CD player, and an easy to drive, spacious, responsive vehicle.
Cons: In my 9 years of ownership, unfortunately I had many of the same problems: bad ball joints, broken handles on seats, broken cover on visor mirror, suspension (the car started tilting forward and to the right), AC that lost it's charge after a few years, drivers side window that worked sporatically. But the biggest problem was the security system. The car would start and then shutdown. My mechanic said the microchip in the key wasn't communicating with the onboard computer. I had this fixed twice ($400 each time) and it worked OK for a while. This was very frustrating as I never knew when/if I would be stranded. This problem eventually caused me to get rid of the car :-(.
Overall review: I loved my car, despite the problems. It "fit" me well. When you start test driving what's on the market today, the same "fit" (physically) is hard to find. I finally settled on a Ford Escape, which is as close to the Blazer as I could find. I think the Ford will get better gas mileage and it certainly is a safer vehicle than the Blazer (which has a poor safety rating). But I miss my Blazer - we had many years of good memories together.
The blazer by Katelyn, Fall River on 04/22/2008. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I loveit.. Gives me just enough room for what I need. Great ride. Stylish with a chrome bug sheild, leather seats that are in great shape. Overall love this vehicle. Never really gave me any problems, just the usual wear and tare. (tires and battery). Feel safe in it.
Cons: Not that great on gas.
Overall review: Would definitly buy another one. I bought it used with 72000 miles. Love this truck.
"Cool Blazer" by A-Ron form Little Hebron. on 03/05/2008. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Door 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have aftermarket 20 inch chrome rims, aftermarket stereo and speakers.
Cons: Not much horsepower. Rough and bumpy ride. Not very smooth.
Overall review: I like it because its a nice moderate size.
Low Quality by Tom on 11/07/2007. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Door 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Runs good. Cheap maintainance. Never any major problems.
Cons: Very low quality, typical Chevy. Whole thing rattles when I hit a small bump. Terrible wind/road noise on highway. Seat adjusters just snapped off when I wanted to recline the seat. This was my first Chevy, after having Volvo's my whole life and this thing is very very junky. I miss my Volvo.
Overall review: If your into cheap American cars.....this one is for you!