1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup

1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Prices
1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Fuel Economy
In the Shop Again..... 6th time in 2years..... by Used Taurus Bargain Bananza on 12/29/2008. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Gas mileage is pretty good if you got the 4 cylinder....That's about it though....This is basic truck transportation, if you don't expect much you will not be dissappointed.
Cons: Very long list, I don't know where to begin. If you like traveling in comfort stay away from this truck. It has never been comfortable. It isn't pretty either, never really was. I have always thought whoever designed the truck was on some very strong narcotics, and whoever put the design into production was on the really good stuff. This has to be one of the most unreliable, malfuncton prone vehicles to ever sit in my drive way, and I plan to trade it off if I ever get it back from the mechanic, who has been rebuilding it 1 peice at a time for the past 2 years.....
Overall review: If you enjoy working on your vehicle EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.... Buy this truck. If you prefer to have a life stay away from this one.
My lemon money pit by Aussiedeb, Ohio on 07/17/2005. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the style of the truck.
Cons: I bought it in 2003 and in the first two weeks, I had to get new brakes. Then 2 months later I had to replace the transmission. Last year it was the U bolt.
Overall review: I was not happy at all having to spend so much money and our dealer was not helpful at all. In the winter we put a few hundred pounds of salt in the back and it stabilizes the truck on the snow and ice. I love it, but it cost us way too much to fix it all. Our dealer sucked.
AAA Ordered S-10 From Factory, Brand New by Bide on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Styling is great. V-6 is the way to go. Forget the 4 cylinder.
Cons: Bought brand new. This is what broke in first 3 years: 3rd door latch, passenger seat recline handle, both shocks leaked, left tail light assembly went out, fan blower (twice), extreme heat emanating from the dash (normal, the dealer said for this truck). Poor dealer service. I have had this truck in the shop 13 times!!!! Warrantee covered it all, but what a peice of junk! I will buy a Toyota next time.
Overall review: Poor quality parts used in putting this truck together. Cheap, cheap parts and the engineers need to be fired for incompetence. Check out Consumer Reports. This truck has poor, poor durability.
Little Red by R from Depauw, IN on 11/06/2003. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Short Bed 2WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's compact, a nice little 2.2L and has a killer AC.
Cons: Gas mileage was a little worse than expected at 22 mpg and after I got to 100K, started to get Check Engine light and transy is a little jumpy.
Overall review: Good little truck for the money.
Great little truck, but could be better. by A MSN Autos Consumer on 12/06/2002. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's a nice looking truck with plenty of power (4.3L V6). It is good on gas and gives a good ride on long trips.
Cons: It only has 17k miles on it and I'm starting to hear funny things come from the front end. I don't use the 4 wheel drive much, but I'm afraid that this may be the problem. Also, the seat levers are USELESS. Don't even look at them. They WILL break.
Overall review: Great little truck that definetly turns heads, but could be better