2000 Buick LeSabre

great but needs care by toyota lover on 08/03/2011. Trim: 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom, Owned 2 years.
Pros: huge car inside and easy to drive. very large trunk. Fuel economy is good too, around town I get about 22-25, on the road if kept at 75 I usually get 30.very comfortable, everyone comments on back seat room.
Cons: Window motors. I got the car with 100,000 miles on it. Old couple had driven it and it was very clean. Passenger window went first, then rear left, then rear right window went. I replaced them myself, not too bad of a job and the parts were only around $55. Driving to town one day and power steering went out. Mechanic never seen problem like it before, top blew out of steering box $460.00 Rear Air suspension shocks needed replacement, $200.00. Last, both drive axles went out at same time, $400.00 130,000 miles now and it is like new car still. I guess cause I replaced everything, ha ha. Just took it to California and rode like a Cadillac. Buy a good one but beware of repairs
Overall review: Look for a good used one and be aware some things are going to go wrong over time.
Solid Buick by Kansas Traveler on 04/20/2005. Trim: 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good power. We feel safe riding in it. Handles well in all sorts of weather.
Cons: Had to replace driver's side power window. Automated alert system (tire pressures, oil changes, etc.) has been fixed twice due to false readings. Seats are a little too soft for me. Seems to take the heater forever to warm up, though it is quite effective once it gets there.
Overall review: Like the car, and would buy another LeSabre again. Plan to drive until 2010 -- maybe later!
fine car by Ross from Seattle on 01/24/2004. Trim: 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It has all the comfort and assessories that I have always wanted
Cons: There just are to many small problems. 1. the car has had multipal engine miss firing problems. Coils, wires. 2. steering jerk problems that new designed heavy duty hoses fully corrected after three years. Heated seat switches seem to be defective and now do not turn on on the driver side.
Overall review: I wish the gas tank was larger. We average 30+ mpg on long trips. Avg. aprox 22 mpg around town with 1/3 being on the somewhat crowded freeway. Car is fully equiped including 9 way driver and passenger seats. Engine is smooth 6cyd, with suffficient power. Transmissionis is smooth and the car is very comfortable. The driver computer is very informative and enjoyable to use. The leather seats are very comfortable. We have 50,000 on the car and if we didn't have the above ongoing problems we would consider the car "outstanding"
Buick is not your doctors car. by Bob from Hartford, CT on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Room and confort of seating and trunk space. Great gas milage.
Cons: Wind noise - air coming in from doors and windows. Does not make long travels enjoyable.
Overall review: Car purchased for trips, but because of wind noise it is used on short trips and around town driving.
The perfect car for us retirees. by Blue Max on 03/26/2003. Trim: 2000 Buick LeSabre Limited, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: Having driven this car over 70,000 miles, I have yet to have had any problems with it. Other than oil changes and tire replacement at 45,000 miles, there has been no maintenance cost. It still performs as well as it did the day I drove it off the dealer's lot.