1999 Buick Regal

Dependable, going strong at 12+ years old by Little Old Miss Annie on 08/17/2011. Trim: 1999 Buick Regal GS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Got this 1999 car brand new in December 98, still have it, never any major issues just general wear like tires, battery, lube & oil, only recently replaced the original brakes, still have original AC etc going strong. Get 20-22 around town, 28-30 on the highway, GS is a good peppy car, my mechanic says I'll most likely get another 5+ years out of it. Front seats could have better back support and some of the dashboard controls could be easier for the driver to see/reach. All in all, it was a great investment, perfect little old lady's car, I would buy another.
Cons: Front seats could have better back support, center console cup holders etc should have been place further forward, some of the dashboard controls hards for driver to reach. Wish the undercarriage was a little higher off the ground in the snow.
Overall review: Good vehicle, highly dependable, would buy another.
Sports Sedans Don't Have to Cost $50K by Savvy in NY on 02/26/2009. Trim: 1999 Buick Regal GS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My car is black with the gunmetal lower trim. It looks great. Leather interior has held up well for a 10-year-old car that has had kids riding in it for several years. Performance with the super-charged V-6 is great. Runs with many V-8s. Handling for a front-wheel drive 4-door sedan is excellent.
Cons: Fuel mileage could be better, I had a recall for gaskets and the intake manifold gasket is going, but overall cost of maintenance and repair have been reasonable.
Overall review: My two previous cars were a Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe and a 5-Series BMW. I am happier with the Regal than either of those two. It has required less repair and provided more reliable transportation and is almost as much fun.
Best Car For The $$$$$$$$ by Fool from the Northwest on 07/25/2004. Trim: 1999 Buick Regal GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Supercharger!!! This car has been great. I love the acceleration and handling. It surprises everyone that rides in it. I like the option of
Cons: At about 70K miles it developed a few squeeks in the dash and door panels. The rear door panels are coming loose. One window motor stops working occasionally. The front speakers are not good, but the stereo is. A little more wind noise than I expected.
Overall review: This car has restored my faith in American Cars. I love buying American but this was going to be the last straw. I guess should stick with G.M. and stay away from Mopar and Ford! The few problems I am having should be expected with the mileage and the way I abuse the car.
Buick Regal by Bill, Colorado on 07/14/2002. Trim: 1999 Buick Regal LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: this car drives and handles very well. although I had some engine trouble,when the repairs were made the car is still nice to drive.
Cons: the engine intake manifold gasket,pan gasket, and transmisssion started leaking at 54,000 miles, fortunately I had purchased the extra warranty on the running gear. The repairs came to $1300. I bought the car with 12000 miles on it . I
Overall review: The is easy to get in and out of,handles very well, is quiet,nice wnen listening to the monsoon stereo. After driving the Regal for 2 years I tell people I would buy this car again.
Performance GS by Speedy on 11/04/2001. Trim: 1999 Buick Regal GS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good go power. .50 quicker quarter mile time than sons 95 Impala SS . Some say heater is complicated. When you by the car set the temp. push auto, on need to tuch it again
Cons: Haven't found any yet.
Overall review: Overall I like the performance first, comfort 2nd styling 3rd.
Review ID: #220674 Is this review offensive?