2000 BMW 5-Series

2000 BMW 5-Series Prices
2000 BMW 5-Series Fuel Economy
My new to me 528i by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/04/2013. Trim: 2000 BMW 528i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling of the sport package, good gas mileage, responsive engine with 5 speed, solid feeling while driving.
Cons: Typical 528i issues so far are, ABS faulty module, had it rebuilt for 300.00 all good now, aux cooling fan has failed, vanos needs to be replaced and small oil leak from filter housing. Car has 135k on it so all the items noted are expected.
Overall review: I did my homework before buying this car, looked up all the issues, used that to negotiate a good sale price. I can do my own maintenance so not to concerned with issues, ill tackle them one at a time. Big issue is with an all aluminum engine do not let it get hot. Car handles like a race car with the M sport package, fairly fast, but no dragster, really comes to life in the twisty s, don't waste money on an automatic. Gas mileage is about 30 highway and 21 city, 500 miles on a tank of gas highway. Nice car if you get it for the right price and know what to expect and look out for.
Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine by Bimmer forever from Carolina on 08/20/2009. Trim: 2000 BMW 528i, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I've owned this car for 6 years Now has 93k trouble free miles on it. It has the sport package, beautiful black finish, paint STILL looks new. Also have 330i with M performance package. This car is one of the finest cars ever produced. Other than normal maintenance, this car has bee trouble free. Anyone that complains here about a 528 doesn't own one and are jealous cause they bought something else. The 5-series has it all: performance, style, luxury and safety. Nothing else on the road can touch a BMW----this is my 4th. I've also owned Audi TT, Caddy DTS, Lincoln LS, Acura TL, Range Rover....I'm a car nut. They can't compare with the BMW's. I'll never buy anything else again.
Cons: I'll agree with everyone else about the cupholders.
Overall review: Overall the best car you could ever own. Once you have a BMW you'll never be satisfied with anything else. Mine is the top of the line with sport package/nav....everything. You must have the service done and take proper care of your car. Rotate your tires...they will last longer. Change your oil, your engine will thank you. Have you transmission serviced regularly...very important on a 5 series BMW. Do this and it will last 300k trouble free miles. I have put that much on my other 3 BMW's and have no doubt this one will last that long. Others BMW's owned X5 4.4, 328i, 330i (still have).
Review ID: #542058 Is this review offensive?
The best 4 door automatic sports car by A CarPoint Consumer on 01/21/2002. Trim: 2000 BMW 540iA, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The car is awesome.
Cons: The cup holders... The only thing that I would love to change are the cup holders.
Overall review: This has to be the best 4 Door Automatic Sports Car. After driving Asian and American cars for most of my life.... The quality and engineering of the BMW 540iA is so much better then I ever imagined it would be.
the worse BMW by Alan on 08/31/2011. Trim: 2000 BMW 528i, Owned 6 years.
Pros: guess the looks
Cons: the problems. bought as a certified pre-owned from a BMW dealer. looks like car was in a accident. the lights was not align, one was shooting higher than other, the paint was nice and glossy.. the power was not there just like something was holding back. . I was not satified with the car. I spent lots of $$$$$ on this car. I had the car for 2 years, and hardly used the car. I put only 7000 miles on it after I purchased it. took a big loss on the car. wanted to trade it in, but the dealer wanted to give me ONLY $9000. guess I'm not getting another bimmer. You got that right, sold the car, and got myself a new LEXUS, and guess what I'm happy with the car. No problems. ALRIGHT
Overall review: no get this car!!!!
Not a BMW Fan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/23/2011. Trim: 2000 BMW 528i, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great suspension, heavy, and styling.
Cons: Maintenance costs; water pump, radiator. hoses, gas line, power steering line, air pump hose, and others.
Overall review: I would not buy another BMW. However my wife wants another 5 series. I have friends that swear by BMW, Maybe I got a lemon (bought mine at 74k, I now have 160k). Great when running, but the various maintenance costs(over $6,000) beyond regular maintenance repairs, which are expensive compared to other cars have left a sour taste in my mouth