2000 BMW M Coupe

2000 BMW M Coupe Prices
2000 BMW M Coupe Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
The best sports car ever made? by EyeSGee from Baltimore on 05/12/2009. Trim: 2000 BMW M Coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: A nostalgic sports car wrapped in 20th century technology. It has the sensibility of a great sports car classic updated with BMW finese. I think it's extremely comfortable for long drives and features lots of storage. Handling is stellar, exhaust note European. If BMW made an Austin-Healy, this would be it. Bought it new and would never give it up.
Cons: Door and hatch locks now work individually instead as part of a system, and the hatch lock is sticky in the cold. Glove box rattles, and seems to be universal to this model. Had to give the moon roof a darker tint against the sun. Little stuff, really, that would not prevent me from buying another.
Overall review: This car garners more attention that I would like. I was at a vintage shotgun event and one man actually thanked me for bringing the M Coupe. Perhaps the best sports cars ever manufactured.
Love my M-Coupe by Bob of Lompoc on 05/16/2007. Trim: 2000 BMW M Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very quick, nimble and "tight". Made my Corvette seem like a truck as far as handling is concerned. Impressive braking. I get many compliments on its looks. I added a Dinan supercharger and tuned exhaust to raise the horsepower to 350HP. Third gear acceleration is exhilerating to say the least.
Cons: Seats are very narrow with little headroom.
Overall review: Bought it used in 2002 to replace my Corvette. The only car I've owned that REALLY lives up to the advertising as "the ultimate driving machine". A lot more fun to drive than my wife's 740iL.
The Ultimate Dork by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/18/2006. Trim: 2000 BMW M Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've loved the styling since the first day I saw it 6 years ago, and still love it even more every day I walk out into the parking lot to have it waiting for me. Next comes the power, for only 240 horses this thing pulls way more than you would expect it too. It's due to the peak torque at 3500 rpms that give the car it's characteristics. The interior's ergonomics is great, everything is right where you want it to be, within a fingers reach. The guages and the overall design have a classic, timeless fresh look. The ride is smooth and the suspension is stiff, but not overly stiff, so it's still pretty comfortable. And at my height of 5'11 I have the seats fully back and reclined.
Cons: Well I can't say my experience with this car has been totally trouble free. I have about 108k miles on it now, and it seems every month there's a different light bulb out. My airbag light just came on, and my drive belts squealed everytime the car started even after I changed them. But for some reason the squealing has stopped. Mechanical wise, everythings worked fine.
Overall review: Overall I am happy with my purchase and if I could do it all again, I'd save up for the 315hp one. But I plan on keeping this car forever and am retiring it soon as a weekend warrior and track car. It's a head turner and will always be.
The "Real" Ultimate Driving Machine by dbrillon from Boulder on 06/14/2006. Trim: 2000 BMW M Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car is what the 911 used to be - a pure sports car. It is so well balanced - handling, power, reliability, exotic looks. It's amazing they don't cost more! Everytime I fill it up at the gas station someone comes up to talk to me about it (and mine is low key silver). And it even gets great gas mileage to boot! Tight interior that fits like a glove.
Cons: Long hood makes it hard to judge exact location of front spoiler. Clutch pedal squeaks when hot - typical BMW problem that can be fixed for $75 and a couple hours labor (do internet search). Sometimes garners too much attention!
Overall review: When the M Coupe first was released I knew it was destined to be a classic. It was my dream to own one back then and now I do. Zero dissapointments - this car just performs with no excuses. I feel so lucky to own one.
True value and performance. Hard to beat for less than 60K by MPG from VA on 12/30/2003. Trim: 2000 BMW M Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: ACCELERATION!! HANDELING!! (and it stops NOW when you brake). Great clasic curves. Very unique look. All controlls are a hands width or two away. Fit and finnish second to NONE. Tight, tight, tight ride. Nothing rattles or squeaks.
Cons: Cramped but bearable for my 6'3" frame. Fits like a glove (literally). Eats rear tires (not the car's fault! My right foot has it's own mind). Will not move in 1" of snow. IT NEEDS 6th GEAR for overdrive! Hard, hard ride...price of superior handeling I'm happy to pay. Think twice before taking on any very long trips.
Overall review: This is my second 2000 M-Coupe (so nice to be back in the saddle!). 240hp gives WAY more acceleration than expected due to the relatively low gearing and VANOS system. Yet car is quite civil when the casual mood hits. Class AND performance. Holds up well (32,000 HARD miles = no problems). I drive back twisty roads with redline shifts every day.. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Fastest grocery getter around (plenty of room in hatch). This ride is worth the price of admission.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next