1999 Audi A4

1999 Audi A4 Prices
1999 Audi A4 Fuel Economy
The Best Sedan by BP from Cupertino on 01/11/2011. Trim: 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love the styling, the comfort and the quality! I've driven for fourteen hours steright and gotten out of the car without a back ache. Something I get in much shorter trips in japanese cars! The car is 12 years old and looks brand new still, that amazes me. The interior even still has the "new car" smell. The interior quality is so good that it is inpossiable to tell its age!
Cons: Well you have to take off the front bumper and the radiator to get to the waterpump. I've had a ABS sensor go bad. I also have a small oil leek.
Overall review: I love this car! I will only sell it when I buy an A5. It has been a solid, comfortable, and reliable daily driver. It now had 140,000 miles on it and just keeps going! The funnest thing is going to the snow and watching all the lumbering SUVs slip and slide when the A4 just diggs in!! It still has the orignal clutch. I get in japanese cars that are newer and am suprised how the dont look like they holding up as well. As far as the "expensive repair bills" I know a couple of Honda owners who have spent more keeping thier cars running! I'm also on my third Porsche, witch make the Audi repair bills pale in comparison.
I love my Audi by Audilover Sacramento, CA on 03/17/2009. Trim: 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very good interior quality. The 1.8T gets exceptional gas mileage on the highway. My vehicle averages anywhere from 27-30 mpg on the freeway but city driving is more in the 20-22 range.
Cons: Only thing I would say is the need to use premium gasoline, then again it is considered a luxury sedan. Needing to use full synthetic motor oil will also put a dent in your pocket when you get an oil change but is alot cheaper if you do it on your own. Replacement parts do tend to be expensive. Buy an extended warranty if possible.
Overall review: All in all a great car. This is my first Audi but certainly not my last. I have owned this car for 4 years and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Uncommonly Astonishing by Sadistic Syndicate Racing on 05/08/2006. Trim: 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Nice, and clean styling inside and out. Quattro All-Wheel Drive is absolutely phenomenal during every season. The turbo gives the car a little boost. I've had no problems at all with my vehicle. This car is outstanding.
Cons: Car only has 150HP compared to the 170HP Audi A4 1.8T have now. Zero to 60 is very slow. Lack of a CD Player in the front dash. That's it.
Overall review: I think this car is one of the best cars you could get in the $7,000-$14,000 market. Car is still running great at 100,000 miles and had no major problems. One of the best mid-entry cars I have ever driven.
expensive volkswagen by 4-foot-drive on 08/05/2010. Trim: 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: great to drive if you're not thinking about how much each km costs in repairs. Galvanized body holds up much better than Japanese midsize, and in this case holds in junky suspension and electrical bits.
Cons: German engineering means expensive to repair because they didn't think one bit about having to repair the thing....and there needs to be many repairs. Audi choses to be blind to the many defects like the suspension and bearings. I'm on my 11th wheel bearing in 10 years, the repair shop stocks the things in the dozens because as they say, the design is Baaaaad. Audi's response, not our problem. Electrical on VW and Audi is known, and ignored problem as well. Cost of ownership of this car is more than double the going rate for equivalent honda or toyota. But if you want a non-flashy car that costs you about $80k (purchase plus maintenance over 10 years) then the A4 is for you.
Overall review: Drives well but not a good car for the price. Audi will leave you high and dry, and your repair shop will bleed you dry. Before you buy, call up a local Audi shop and ask the price to repair some common problems...new starter, $600, struts will be $1200, new exhaust $2500, wheel bearing $340.
Check out all reports before buying. by Steve on 07/15/2009. Trim: 1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, Owned 10 years.
Pros: The Audi A4 was my first . loved the design, the ride and overall fit and finish.
Cons: This car has been an electronic nightmare. I have 108,000 miles and during that time I can say I am scared to take it on a long drive. My last trip 2 yrs ago I had the relay go on it. had to have it towed back to my dealer (180 miles) and it cost 4-500. to repair. Right now it is missing like the old spark plug or wire situation but on this car who knows what it's going to cost. I have paid cash for our cars and this one has been a cash gobbler.
Overall review: If it wasn't for the electronic issues being so frequent, I'd have to say the car would be an enjoyment to own. This has been with this year Audi a prevaling problem.