1999 Audi A6 Avant

1999 Audi A6 Avant Prices
1999 Audi A6 Avant Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Fun to drive by Gman on 10/23/2006. Trim: 1999 Audi A6 Avant Quattro, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Styling fit and finish is beautiful. Handling and ride is great. Quattro is felt even in dry weather handling.
Cons: Just problems, the same ones over and over again. For example I have replaced the passenger window regular 4 times, the a/c control module 3 times, both upper front and rear control arms 3 times or more. replaced tensioner seals 3 times and its leaking again. Driver headlamp assembly 3 times, oH and how about the window washer pump or reservoir 3 times and its leaking again. Auxillary fan and the control. Each of these jobs O rings when not in warranty are a min of 1K control arms are $750 a set. Let put it this way, my extended warranty company hates me to the tune of over 10K, and I've paid at least 5K on repairs that they didn't cover durning and when the warranty ran out.
Overall review: BTW brake jobs are $500 an axle and they last about 25K miles if I'm lucky. Really a wonderful vehicle to drive if only it didn't thousand dollar you to death. Also I forgot to mention its a little poky with only 200hp and nearly 4000lbs that is what you would expect.
GREAT CAR! by Jake on 08/05/2011. Trim: 1999 Audi A6 Avant Quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my first car. I bought it in April with 268000kms and put it on the road less than a month ago racking up over 6000kms so far. Not one bit of trouble yet. Car is cheap to keep on the road contrary to popular belief and it only cost me 2000$.
Cons: Its weight. Needs more passing power, should have at least been equipped with the 3.0L if not the 2.7T.
Overall review: BUY ONE!!!
Great Car! by John on 06/05/2010. Trim: 1999 Audi A6 Avant Quattro, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my 3rd Audi. My first was a 4000 S. It left me on the side of the road!@?# I told myself never again. Then I found my 1997 Audi A6 Quattro sedan. The car was awesome! I drove it for 3 years trouble free. Sold it for the same price I bought it for. I am now on my 3rd Audi. the 1999 Audi Avant wagon with Quattro has blown the doors off my sedan. Much nicer interior and exterior. The ride is even better. I would recomend this car to anyone. The roof has started to rust and 11 years later... Audi is fixing it for free. Car still feels, looks new and has held up very well. I am the 2nd owner w/ 125,000 miles. I would drive this car anywhere with out hesitation.
Cons: Re-sale seems to be low and gas mileage is moderate. My 1997 Audi was a little better. I average about 320 miles on an 18 gallon tank. I have a bit of a lead foot so I'm sure it would get better if you drive normal. Most shops will try to overcharge for parts and labor. Make sure you do homework before allowing someone to work on it. Audi parts are not always over-priced... the mark-ups are what kill people financially.
Overall review: For the money... you get a great car that looks good, drives awesome and the utility is a bonus!
THE BEST by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/23/2006. Trim: 1999 Audi A6 Avant Quattro, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: IT IS TOTALY PLEASURE TO DRIVE THIS CAR
Cons: NOT A THING
Overall review: 100 % SATISFIED
Semi-reliable high style family hauler. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/18/2004. Trim: 1999 Audi A6 Avant Quattro, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Love the space, fit and finish, build quality. Creature comforts... heated seats front and back AND heated stearing wheel. The Quattro all wheel drive is wonderful. Have never been stuck in any New England weather. Ride quality is very composed, but not sporty.
Cons: Quality in general. I've never been stranded in this vehicle, but have had a multitude of small to moderate problems, some covered under certified warranty and some not. Bought the car at about 34,000 miles and have replaced: steering wheel (no heat), cruise control module, left lower control arm, brake pads and rotors, drivers seat frame. 2.8 is not overpowered. Transmission downshifts at the hint of demand for passing at speed. Fuel economy so-so. Car is very heavy and feels it.
Overall review: A great family hauler with a certain amount of panache and a great deal of comfort, but far from the most reliable transportation out there.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next