2000 Acura TL

Great small (4 is comfortable) family car. by Looking To Upgrade on 02/27/2011. Trim: 2000 Acura 3.2TL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the handling of Acura's. This car did what I needed and handles well. It handles well in the snow. If well maintained, this should last a while. I've owned this car since 2007 (97K miles- now has over 130k miles) and had no major problems, until...
Cons: For several months we've noticed that the SRS light was on (a seatbelt issue-covered under warranty) and that the front passenger side headlight went out intermittently. Apparently this is pretty common for the 2000 Acura TL. Common AND expensive to fix. Cost is over $1,000. Something to do with an inverter issue. As it was also necessary to change the timing belt (another $1,100), we've decided it's best to just trade it in for an Acura MDX!
Overall review: Overall, we've enjoyed this car and would have kept it if the repairs weren't so expensive. After all, it was almost paid off, but repairs aren't worth it. If you do buy this vehicle, make sure you check to see if the headlights have been repaired recently (inverter) and if it's close to 100K miles, make sure that someone has already done a timing belt change. It'll save you in the long run. I wish I had.
Feels Like Luxury! by Lolo on 09/15/2004. Trim: 2000 Acura 3.2TL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very powerful, quick acceleration, and comfortable ride. Great gas mileage, average 30 mpg even better on longer trips. All the perks came standard on the car. Great sound system.
Cons: Had to replace the transmission at 88k miles, thank goodness it was still covered by the 100k mile powertrain warranty. Seat memory was added to later models. Dealership wants $1,200 to perform a 100k mile check-up, what a rip-off!
Overall review: Have 91k miles on the vehicle. Paint and body still look great! The 2000 model still looks and feels like a luxury car but the newer models appear to becoming compact and sporty in their effort to keep up with the Beamers. Overall a nice car that gets great gas mileage!
The GREAT Acura TL ! by Bartman from Valley Stream, NY on 08/26/2004. Trim: 2000 Acura 3.2TL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice pickup, comfortable seats, love the sound system (didn't change it, like I did in my other cars) - fun to drive... I love it ! I knew about the transmission problems before buying it, but I am still glad I did. I love this baby - I haven't had any tranny problems with it (YET !- 45,000 and going strong ! ) Hope I won't have any !
Cons: Worried about the tranny - although it has NOT gone yet... just a little worried ! - Ohh yeah, the cup holder location is bad.
Overall review: Great car - I love it to death..
Acura TL - no regrets by Jim - West Chester on 03/11/2003. Trim: 2000 Acura 3.2TL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Performance, styling and value have made this my favorite car. 44K miles and no issues at all. Still on original tires and brakes.
Cons: 2000 had 6 disk CD in trunk, changed to in-dash in 2001 model. May want to buy wind deflector for front windows as rain can get in if driving and window cracked.
Overall review: High buy recommendation.
A lot of bang for your buck by JWDOG from Middleton, WI on 01/13/2002. Trim: 2000 Acura 3.2TL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great value Quiet Fast
Cons: Would like to see an optional 5-speed
Overall review: Would definitely buy another.