1999 Volvo V70

1999 Volvo V70 Prices
1999 Volvo V70 Fuel Economy
O Our off-road/interstate/all weather transporter by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/27/2010. Trim: 1999 Volvo V70 AWD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought it new . Now 130k mi. we love this car Tremendous on long hauls or short round-town driving
Cons: Very Very Expensive parts and hard to find reliable and capable mechanics Engine light shows symptoms that are not true -annoying rear seat latches lockup and are costly to repair
Overall review: A terrific car - styling, performance and road handling/safety in all weather. We will own this cxar for many more years.
Volvo's Best Wagon by John from France! on 07/08/2009. Trim: 1999 Volvo V70 Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: These are probably the best cars ever made by Volvo. I have been a Volvo owner for over 30 years and have owned or driven most of the models. My version has the 5 cylinder Audi diesel engine couples to 4 speed auto box and yet it still returns 40 mpg and 45 on a long run! The confort and ease of driving is superb, this is a very reliable Volvo and has given me very little to complain about.
Cons: This is difficult because there is nothing I dislike about the Volvo, I have had small problems, the bonnet catch sticks on left hand side, I broke the return spring on the drivers door handle (inside!). The rear tyres last for centuries but the front tyres scrub off at the edges with hard driving.
Overall review: This is a wonderfull car and probably the best Volvo has produced, it is very versatile with grand load space. I have an electrical installation business and this is my works vehicle (it replaceed a very, very high mileage petrol Volvo 940 wagon) It is a joy to drive with all controls and dials easy to see and operate. The engine is very quiet even though it is a 'smelly ole diesel!'
Volvo V70......what happened?! by Jonathan from North Carolina on 08/08/2008. Trim: 1999 Volvo V70 Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, solid feel, safety features, ride/handling, optional equipment. Great trip car!
Cons: Repair costs that were on the verge of "money pit" status. Mass air-flow sensor went out and cost $148 for the part. Alternator went out suddenly (no warning) and cost over $400 to replace. Would have fixed the alt. myself but it was in an odd and inconvenient location. Engine would idle rough with a/c on. Took it to the dealer and they claimed the ETS (electronic idle control system) was malfunctioning.....and the part alone was going to be $634. Needless to say I couldn't afford the part and just continued to drive around with the engine light on.
Overall review: I have heard from other Volvo owners of this model that they were great cars. I, however am very disappointed with this Volvo. Considering that my family has owned numerous ones, this one has not been a pleasant experience. I am convinced, though that this one was just a lemon and that it isn't a problem with Volvo. I think that in order to keep from going broke, I will just take a hit on a trade-in and get rid of this car!
A girl in love with her Volvo by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/05/2008. Trim: 1999 Volvo V70 Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: For a used car, I have nothing but the best to say.
Cons: I owned an 96' 850 prior to my V70. I enjoyed the 850 much more for handling, acceleration and guts, it was a tank that kept on going (even with a major oil leak). I find the V70 has a more "North American" car/engine feel then what Volvos are famously known for.
Overall review: I fall more in love with my wagon every day. I have only had one minor problem that was an inexpensive fix.
Great Volvo! by Amanda on 06/29/2008. Trim: 1999 Volvo V70 Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything, except see below...
Cons: Why is the Check Engine Light on? I had the car serviced and it still comes on? Very frustrating...
Overall review: Great car!!! I love the style, performance, cargo ability. Recommended highly!