1999 Volvo C70

1999 Volvo C70 Prices
1999 Volvo C70 Fuel Economy
Great convertible by regular guy (NOTgay) from San Francisco, CA on 11/26/2003. Trim: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Seats are very comfortable. i have a bad back, and drove mine from Chicago to San Francisco via Grand Canyon, Las Vegas and Yosemite in great comfort. the car didnt even spin once on the snow storm at the rocky mountains or the many curves at Yosemite. I REALLY hugs the road when you take a curve - like you are on train tracks. When i first got it i was surprised that the cabin is very quiet for a convertible. i used to rent the Chrysler convertible that one is very noisy, but this one is so quiet that you can actually even have a conversation while cruising at 90 miles on the freeway. The top is about 4 inches thick and padded. you appreciate this on a downpour - water DOESNT leak in.
Cons: expensive dealer charges for routine maintenance. Lowering top is slower than a red traffic light. my wife is not happy about this car - she says it makes me drive too fast -- go figure...
Overall review: i will buy another of these C70 convertibles. i am very happy with this one.
LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP by MADDIE IN CALIFORNIA on 02/08/2003. Trim: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My C70 is beautiful. Unfortunately that's what "hooked" me! People comment on it all the time.
Cons: I am so sad. I have stopped counting all the times we have had it in the shop. Convertible top was never working. I've gotten to the point where I don't even put it down. Dash lights always coming on for bizarre reasons. Latest is the driver power seat getting stuck in a position that is undriveable. Now that the warranty is up and that seat got stuck again (and we were in the desert) we called Volvo Customer Relations in New Jersey. After many conversations the local dealer is paying for the repair. We will not go back again - totally disinterested service manager. Where is my reliable Acura with 200,000 miles when I need it?!
Overall review: The C70 is indeed a beautiful vehicle. For as much as it cost the owner should not have to deal with these insane problems. My next car will be a Lexus or another Acura. Volvo also needs to have a heart to heart talk with their dealerships. The next closest one to us also has a bad reputation for "customer relations." The best thing about taking it in to be fixed is that they wash the car before it is returned. Most expensive car wash I've ever had. Oh, and did I mention those cup holders?
Fun but pricey to fix by Orange County Techies on 07/09/2001. Trim: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has a great stereo system and outside look. We get tons of compliments onthe car and lots of people ask us if we are happy with it.
Cons: TGetting in the back seat is a real problem. The car always seems to need to be fixed and when the warranty is out I am sure we will sell. It's going to be expensive to fix all the :little" things.
Overall review: Great, fun, and relaxing. Until they fix some things out, I would tell peole to shy away from buying it until it makes adjustments and others in the reviews have mentioned.
topless by A CarPoint Consumer on 07/09/2001. Trim: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: Getting in backseat a little difficult.
Overall review: great convertable
Cruisin the Coast by carol from Pacifica on 06/04/2006. Trim: 1999 Volvo C70 Convertible, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love starting the car and it's consistent reliability. Starts,stops and accelerates on command. comfortable for the driver and adequate seat adjustment.
Cons: Cheap design for cup holders, considering this is supposed to be a luxury car. I have had multiple repairs on the convertible top which has been of considerable expense. Last time the interior snagged and tore and I had to replace the header along with other parts. The warning lites are in a bad position and I accidentally activate them too frequently. Poor turning radius.
Overall review: This car is definitly a luxury vehicle to run and a step up from your American copycats. Great in cold weather with a terrific heating system and fabulous sound!