1998 Volvo V70

1998 Volvo V70 Prices
1998 Volvo V70 Fuel Economy
great car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/13/2005. Trim: 1998 Volvo V70 R AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: safe, comfortable ride, the turbo lets you zip up the mountains
Cons: wagon is a bit noisy
Overall review: i have had this car for nearly 4 years, has over 100,000 miles on it with no major problems.
Review ID: #462087 Is this review offensive?
My Early SAABs turned into a great Volvo. by New Hampshire Hill Climber on 04/30/2008. Trim: 1998 Volvo V70 AWD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I ordered it from the factory when first introduced in late '97 to get the AWD to climb steep NH hills in winter...returned an 850 for trade-in. I was 69 then, 80 now and drive it accordingly. As a retired Navy pilot I carefully maintain it...every 5000 mi chk, consequently it is used, not abused. It has new brakes, fan belt, and exhaust...that's it, at 100,000 mi. I don't DUI or fall asleep at the wheel, and am a very defensive driver, so can't verify the crashworthiness claims. The computer reads an average 24.5 mpg, a number smaller, newer cars are trying to reach. It is a comfortable ride on any surface I encounter. It has a large interior hauling capacity plus a sturdy roof rack.
Cons: What I least like about this car is that it is obviously going to last a lot longer than I am...and that's also what I most like about it! My Volvo dealer has given up and is looking for new customers. The feature I miss is the side airbags, torso and head, of the later models. I compensate by keeping my head on a swivel...and never trusting a green light at an intersection!
Overall review: I've read a review of someone who obviously hates a V70 as the result of it being beat up and used up by general abuse, and ignoring simple maintenance rules and good driving procedures. That's a review of the owners, not the V70! I'd buy a new one if I had to, and hope that it was pure Volvo, one lacking other corporate influence. The genuine Volvos contain the highest grade new steels, not reprocessed junk steel containing impurities, a usually overlooked attribute.
Wish me luck by Glen on 10/06/2004. Trim: 1998 Volvo V70 AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable with a very smooth ride and great in wet weather. Heavy feel on the road. Gas milage for the performance is good.
Cons: Down time. Purchased with 80,000 miles on it I have 102,000 miles now. I've spent over $ 3,000.00 in other than normal service costs.Some parts are hard to get for the AWD car, even from the factory. AWD's do not share many of the same feature as the Cross Country.
Overall review: Best handling car I've ever had. Even though I'm putting a lot of money into it, I'm going to try and drive it out. Wish me luck!
Safest Vehicle for up to 5 Kids by Bill on 09/15/2004. Trim: 1998 Volvo V70 XC AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great for carrying up to 5 kids very safely. The injury and death rates are way way below any SUV and somewhat less than even the safest Minivans!
Overall review: Great for carrying up to 5 kids very safely. The injury and death rates are way way below any SUV and somewhat less than even the safest Minivans!
could be nice....but too much trouble to own. by dfk on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1998 Volvo V70 XC AWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: • Looks good • Nice interior room except for drivers leg room
Cons: • Always in shop for electrical, suspension, fluid leaking problems • Dealer is the" WORST" • Front directional signals bulbs are always burning out. Volvo was suppose    to have a fix for this but my dealer apparantly didn't get the message.
Overall review: • Could be a very nice car with some mechanical / electrical / dealer attitude    fixes. • Will never own another "Ford"