1998 Volkswagen New Beetle

my beetle honestly by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/25/2004. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: fun,efficient,affordable,safe,great looks, and oh yeah fun i have 96 thousand miles on it and no problems.
Cons: none
Overall review: it is tied with the mini cooper for best small car ever
Driver Found by Patty,Raleigh, NC on 04/28/2006. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I've had my car since it was a year old. For the price I don't think there's a better car out there where good looks, superb handling, and fuel economy are concerned. I love my car and I won't trade it in until it's past dead. This car is so much fun to drive. It has loads of head room and surprisingly four normal-sized people can travel quite comfortably for around 4 hours. The problem is there's no room for four people's luggage. I have avoided several accidents due to my quick reponse and the tight, responive handling of the car.
Cons: In the seven years that I have owned this car I have had to replace the wiring harnesses to both headlights, replace the compressor on the air conditioner, have all brakes replaced (you can't turn them...not possible) and cut off the debris guard under the front bumper (because it came loose and was dragging on the ground). The seats in my car are tan and they stain with the slighest drop of water. They look aweful and seat covers are not really possibly because of the side air bags. The cup holders are quirky, they are under the console and only small fast food cups will fit. The sun visors are useless and my car has no arm rest, newer ones do though. No trunk space!
Overall review: All of the little quirky things about this car should not be enough to make you not consider getting one. By all means if you're attracted to it, go drive one...and then buy one. That's just how it will be too, I promise. Don't get cloth seats or don't get tan cloth. If you have a four person family then have a roof rack installed to help with hauling all the things you may need to take with you on a road trip. It seems like a lot of these little kinks have been worked out in engineering at VW, like the headlights and the cup holders. I know they added an arm rest. I think when mine dies that I will trade it in on a newer one with leather seats and a roof rack. I love my car and if you get one you will too!
The best student car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/15/2005. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car 3rd owner and was well mantained, some people think that a car runs only with gas, they should do preventive maintenance
Cons: none
Overall review: Great vehicle, fur to drive I love my beetle
Never again... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/23/2004. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle Base, Owned 6 years.
Cons: Bad window regulators, engine troubles, electrical problems.
Overall review: We have spent over $10,000.00 on repairs for this car. It was bought new, and has been a disaster. 7 window regulators. $2,000.00 in brake repairs. It's got 80,000 miles. We have only used one set of tires though. Motor needs another engine module as I write.
My Black Attack Beetle by Chris from So. Cal. on 07/31/2004. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen New Beetle Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This car goes and goes and goes! It's like a little burst of energy! The styling is unique and I love this car!
Cons: No complaints, only one though~ I love how people come on here and write reviews about cars they don't even own and write misleading reviews!
Overall review: GREAT CAR! I LOVE MY BEETLE!