1998 Volkswagen Cabrio

1998 Volkswagen Cabrio Prices
1998 Volkswagen Cabrio Fuel Economy
Great Little Car by Sunny Grandma on 06/09/2007. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Of course it is an older car, so if you are looking for new quality, forget it. However, it is a friendly little car, easy to drive, fun to drive, and looks good. I really love my Cabrio. I was lucky enough to find this 98 with only 57,000 miles on it, so it was in great shape. Be sure to check all the possible things that others have listed as problems, such as a sticky top, electrical problems, side door panels separating, etc., but if you can find one without the problems, go for it. You will enjoy it.
Cons: Really nothing at this point.
Overall review: Love this car. Great fun.
Review ID: #512097 Is this review offensive?
Bittersweet First Car by Twan From Orange County,CA on 09/14/2006. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car was affordable and yet had the appeal of a more expensive car. The car caught my attention and I knew it had to be my first car. The Seats are amazing they wrap and conform to your body. Security system wasn't to bad either.
Cons: Maintaining this car was over my head. Repairs were expensive and often took alot of time.It was one thing after another. Watch of for the drive belts and Wheel Bearings. That aspect of Volkswagen I did not enjoy. Also watch out for leaks. When you go through the automatic wash you might get a little wet.
Overall review: The Cons slightly outweighed the pros because money was involved but the joy and fun of driving this car was priceless. I unfortunatley let the Cabrio go but will stay true to Volkswagen Forever!
Mom's spunky fun mobile by Lauralu from SoCal on 03/24/2006. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the sassy look! Pick-up is quick and handling is tight. I am 3rd owner and have only had it for 1 year and it is running like a champ. I love being able to raise and lower the windows with the door key all at once.
Cons: I hate the cup holders and the fact that you can't put a cup holder module in because of the parking break. My roof is beginning to whistle but that can be fixed plus some minor tearing.
Overall review: This was my first car that I got to pick out (I'm 42) that wasn't a family truckster. I chose this because it was a casual yet spunky ride. My expectations were met simply because I wasn't looking for a Mercedes ride with a VW price. I trust the car and it hasn't let me down yet. Great car for my 16 year old daughter but I'm not ready to give it up.
Think Twice by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/04/2006. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Convertible
Cons: Moisture dooms this car. Car will miss and even shut off the engine in the rain. Numerous electrical problems. Costly replacement parts. Overrated manufacturer!
Overall review: see title
Not what I had hoped for by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2005. Trim: 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fun to drive, good handling
Cons: Electrical problems from the start, now bad transmission. Other little things that keep breaking, make it a headache.
Overall review: This is not what I had hoped for. The car drives well and is very attractive, but the quality and reliability is so poor that it's not worth it.