1996 Volkswagen Cabrio

1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Prices
1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Fuel Economy
THE ULTIMATE CHICK VEHICLE by Angie Z. From White Oak, GA on 12/26/2004. Trim: 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Stylish, comfortable, handles well and great stability around curves. Love the fuel economy!
Cons: Several mechanical problems. No glove box. Not equipped with remote entry. A fun car but listed below are the problems I've encountered as a second owner. I purchased this car in October of 01. The cruise control is out but my budget says NO FIX! A) Dash light replaced (03) B) Problem in the wiring harnass (wouldn't start) $$$ for a $4 dollar wire (03) C) Replaced the A/C (04) BIG BUCKS! D) Timing belt went out (04) BIG BUCKS! E) Throttle body control replaced (04) BIGGER BUCKS!
Overall review: A fun fuel efficient vehicle and very roomy for such a compact car. Great stereo! The convertible is easy to use and still has no leaks.
Luva luva my car. by Showbrat from Seattle WA on 11/26/2003. Trim: 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The most comfortable, roomy back seat of any convertible I've ever owned. The top has NEVER leaked. I'm getting 29.9 miles per gallon. This car just screams CUTE. Biggest trunk, the convertible top doesn't interfere with trunk room at all.
Cons: Oxygen sensor has gone out on it twice, (check engine light comes on when this happens.) This wasn't cheap, but the trade off is that's the only time I've had a problem with it. I really dislike that it doesn't have a glove box.
Overall review: Fun fun fun. I will definately buy a VW convertible in the future. It's simply styled, and I've had a million compliments on it. I live in a rainy city, but this car is so worth it for those 2 days out of the year we have sun.
Cabrio - Mostly Good by Shirley in Jacksonville, FL on 01/14/2003. Trim: 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great handling, fuel economy, and easy to operate the top. For a VW, this car has every option. It is a really fun car to drive and looks real cute.
Cons: In my vehicle and others that I have observed. VW has failed to correct a problem where the upholstery next to the front windows comes lose and pulls away. VW does not provide enough material to have it wrapped back around. It was suggested to me by VW when my car had 24,500 miles on it, that I purchase 2 new door panels at $600 each to correct the problem. I attempted to contact the US corporate headquarters but got no response. One local dealer could never fix anything with one visit.
Overall review: I'm glad I own it. I hope VW spends the extra 30 cents it would take to fix the quality problem with the door panel upholstery.
Fun Convertible by Gearhead on 01/02/2002. Trim: 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Fun to drive, comfortable, exclusivity, handling
Cons: Needs more power
Overall review: I get tons of positive comments on my car...it looks great in black and there aren't a billion of them out there. If they could put the 1.8T or the 2.8 in this car, it would be a world-beater!
the car by il on 12/05/2001. Trim: 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: very sporty and very attractive car
Cons: tends to malfunction easily and the brakes like to give out a lot
Overall review: decent car if you dont plan on driving it that often