1995 Volkswagen Passat

1995 Volkswagen Passat pictures
1995 Volkswagen Passat Prices
1995 Volkswagen Passat Fuel Economy
good car by Seanzi on 12/05/2007. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: awesome performance, gets up and goes
Cons: many mechanical problems
Overall review: very good car, expensive to fix though
Review ID: #519492 Is this review offensive?
Europeen by Nikita on 07/27/2006. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: lot of room, smooth to drive
Cons: automatic
Overall review: for a 10 years old car and 200k ,I am not sure to get space and power with the new model.
Over One Million Mile VW Driver !!! by Mark- NW-lower Michigan on 06/23/2005. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX, Owned 8 years.
Pros: After owning this auto for 7 yrs. and putting an additional 200,000 miles on it to the already 38k when purchased...I love it! This is my 5-th VW since my college years. I have driven through some of the most treacherous weather. Downshifting allowed me to drive through heavy rain-slush-ice & heavy snow experienced all in the same trip while heading north. Interestingly it is amazing at how many top heavy 4-WD and AWD SUV's I will pass on an expressway during the worst weather. (I live in Michigan.) The V6 engine is a wonderful engine in all respects (except for mpg)... Flawless in my opinion. My auto at 239,000 miles still handles well and gets me from Pt. A to B.and back!
Cons: The Coffee cup holders did'nt last to long being just left of the front passengers seat. Again it is now 10 yrs. old and with 239K miles I am starting to have some electrical problems and the hardware is starting to loosen as well. Some rust is showing also.
Overall review: VW # 5 will be missed, However, I'm looking forward to VW #6 !!! Though now a little tired and some cosmetic problems as well as electrical problems occuring, I will be replacing it with another VW. I have yet to decide which model to purchase. (I usually buy an auto. with 35k+- miles and 2 yrs. old.) I will most likely decide on a german assembled model which limits my choice to a passat or a jetta wagon. ( My VW# 3 was NOT assembled in Germany and I definately could tell a difference in its' overall refinement.)
Perfect Daily Driver by titanium - Minneapolis on 04/26/2005. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 10 years.
Pros: +Great Gas mileage, I travel alot and I'm getting around 27+ MPG. +Reliablity, The car has 160k on it and it feels brand new. +Price, I scored this car for 1800 bucks. Its a no thrills daily driver that I couldnt be happier with.
Cons: -Speed, its not terribly fast but its not to a dangerous point. -Seats, all the VW's I've sat in have wonderful seats but this one just wont fit me right. I'm 6'1" though. -Electronics, I think all VW's have window problems.... its science.
Overall review: Its been a great car to me so far, I bought it as a daily driver and I cant ask for anything more. I would recommend one of these any day of the week.
Fun Ride by KARCO1 on 01/31/2005. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Driving performance and handling on the highway.
Cons: Very sluggish pick up from a dead start. Once you are moving it performs well. Several issues with cooling/AC systems. I am a big man. I find it to be too short from the seat to the headliner. I think if it didn't have the power moon roof there would be more room.
Overall review: This is a fun car to drive. In most cases very reliable. Probably better suited for an average size person.