1995 Volkswagen Cabrio

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio pictures are not available
1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Prices
1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
Fun car that lasts! by Jen - VA on 06/13/2006. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I bought this car when it was 3 years old. It's now 11. Only in the last couple of years have I had to make any major replacements. Clutch, axle, new top. I've loved this car and it's been great for me from driving through the snow, salt and cold when I lived in New England, to driving in the heat living in Virginia. I've driven this car to CO and back, it's very fun. Turns on a dime and is excellent if you have parallel street parking. Great gas mileage! Perfect car for a student, or as a summer car.
Cons: It's not the most ideal for a long road trip only because of the comfort and space constraints (handles well though). Original paint didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Original top slowly came apart at the seam 3 years ago. The only really bad thing is that once I started having to make major repairs, it feels like i only get about a 6 month break between them now.
Overall review: I've had this car for 8 years. It's held up amazingly! The only sad thing is that it ran well, then seemed to start falling apart all at once. But it's 11 years old, with 175k so that's still pretty good.
Inexpensive, Fun, and Not Entirely Impractical by FreeSpirit on 07/11/2005. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the styling. The top is easy to put down, there are no leaks, and it's really quiet for a convertible. It's easy to maneuver, great for city driving. My seats are cream leather, they don't get hot and my legs don't get stuck; when a bird decided to leave a present and when I accidentally spilled my coffee, they were easy to clean. The air conditioner gets fantastically cold quickly.
Cons: The things that bother me the most are as follows: The trunk is hard to open if you have anything in your hands, I have to push the button about seven times to get the passenger side window to roll all the way down, and there is no enclosed storage space in the cabin, just open side bins.
Overall review: It may not have a powerful engine but it gets good gas mileage, and generally keeps me out of too much trouble. It has enough get up and go (if I push up the RPMs a bit) to get my friends to hang on and laugh, or to pass efficiently if needed. If I take out the ashtray I can fit a large drink in the left cup holder. The stereo sounds nice, but could use more power for when the top is down at higher speeds. To get good back support for longer trips I use a small beanbag type pillow, works great. If I need to find a little more space to put stuff, I keep the top up and stick things in that space behind the back seat; I can fit a lot of stuff back there. It is an all season car for me; the sound of rain on a soft top is very soothing, and the wind through my hair on a perfect day is enough to set me free from almost any stress. I love my little car; it has been good to me for more than a year now, and I've been racking up the miles. I'm looking forward to driving it for years to come.
A fun toy car by miraji on 02/25/2005. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like the way it moves through traffic in the city - I like the ease of parking. I like that it is basically trouble free. I enjoy this convertible - it is like a toy car.
Cons: I dislike how slowly it maneuvers on the highway. And I dislike the manual transmission in NYC traffic. I would like an automatic convertible top.
Overall review: I love this convertible.
Every girls dream car by S, Melbourne, FL on 12/04/2004. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The appearance is sporty and stylish. Great or city driving.
Cons: The acceleration takes a while, but once you are at 35 you don't feel a difference even when you reach 90. It's so smooth.
Overall review: It's a great looking car, and driving it is really fun.
The "Pink Moon" commercial is right on. by Rod on 01/24/2004. Trim: 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I'll never be without a convertible again. I came to this car after owning an older British roadster. This matches the sports car's acceleration, comes close on handling, and is worlds better for practicality and reliability. I bought it for my wife (she was sick of our full-sized van), but I find every excuse I can to drive it.
Cons: Excessive wind noise. Noticeable torque-steer. Difficult trunk opening. A little more lumbar support in the front seats would be welcome.
Overall review: The car has a distinctive personality and looks. I don't see 50 like it at every stoplight. It's not a stoplight racer, but has enough beans to get on the freeway in an entertaining fashion. The engine is quite smooth and eager to wind up to redline. Drop the top, throw a lunch basket in the trunk, and head for someplace sunny and green. Invite another couple along.
2 3 4 5 6  Next