1992 Volkswagen Golf

1992 Volkswagen Golf pictures are not available
1992 Volkswagen Golf Prices
1992 Volkswagen Golf Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
BEST LITTLE CAR EVER by scarabgirl from Vancouver on 04/23/2007. Trim: 1992 Volkswagen Golf GL 4-Door Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Car handles like a racecar! Lots of power, quick acceleration, good brakes too. It looks sporty-ish in that distinctive late-model VW way. Lots of storage. Good visibility. LOVE IT!
Cons: Only one thing: NO CUPHOLDERS. What is with that?! And there isn't anywhere I can see to put any aftermarket thing. I am disappointed in that. But really, that is so minor...
Overall review: I LOVE MY CAR. I didn't consider it a long-term purchase at the time (yesterday, haha) but now I think i will be driving this car for a looong time. Properly maintained, this car goes and goes and goes! I just love driving it and look forward to driving it to work everyday. :)
VW for life!!! by DaveWagen, 12 miles from Malibu on 08/15/2006. Trim: 1992 Volkswagen Golf GL 2-Door Hatchback, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Easy to drive and park, great gas mileage even with the a/c on, since this car was #2 on the best seller list in the world for a while, parts and accessories are abundant. Generous cargo room for a compact. Named after the "Gulf Stream", now that is cool.
Cons: German engineered but assembled in Mexico to keep prices/cost to a minimum, the build quality reflects it. The "Digifant" engine is slow and a fuel-miser and it burned 3 catalytic converters already. The fenders need modification to accept bigger tires/wheels.
Overall review: I am having a tough time selling her after the last 12 years of ownership. My brother helped me make this car sooo much fun to drive by installing a handful of performance parts. Left in its basic GL trim, this car is super reliable and easy to maintain.
Great Student Car by Kaz from Guelph on 05/12/2004. Trim: 1992 Volkswagen Golf GL 2-Door Hatchback, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I owned this car as a student on a very tight budget and considering it is a 11 year old car over the past two year I have put less than $300 into it interms of repairs. I do a lot of the repairs myself and one of the features I love about this car is the easy access to everything. I drive a 1.8L and it has plenty of power. I get on average 550 - 600 km to a tank and there are plenty of aftermarket parts available for cheap repairs. I anticipate 4 or 5 more good years with this car.
Cons: Shifter linkages aren't properly aligned so the shifter tends to stick. Clutch is has a really long stroke and takes some getting used to. Worst part on the car has to be the starter motor, of the money I have spent on it, the starter motor was the most major problem.
Overall review: Great student car especially if you want to learn more about cars and fix it yourself. You can save a lot of money and it can be an education.
Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbiden by I Know!! on 04/16/2004. Trim: 1992 Volkswagen Golf GL 4-Door Hatchback, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Doesnt look too bad for a car that age
Cons: Way too heavy
Overall review: Handles like a Hippo, save your money and go buy a Ford
Need a reliable car? by Fletch on 03/19/2004. Trim: 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Fuel Mileage
Cons: Noisy
Overall review: Great car for a great price when I bought it new.
Review ID: #419282 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next