1999 Toyota RAV4

1999 Toyota RAV4 Prices
1999 Toyota RAV4 Fuel Economy
The Immortal RAV4 by El cuervo from K.C. on 12/31/2011. Trim: 1999 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Bought @ 67,000 miles in '04. NOW HAS ALMOST 300,000 miles. Still using the original starter, alternator and radiator. The VERY BEST vehicle I've ever owned. Not a powerhouse - it's a 4 cylinder...WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? If you want a hot rod BUY a hot rod. As far as getting around town (Kansas City)...we experience EVERY weather extreme possible...summer heat, winter snow and cold, rain, etc. The RAV4 is a TANK! Can't be beat in ANY type of weather. PERFECT in ANY snow! Has been BEAT UP from day 1. Soon as someone gets home, someone else gets in and drives it away. Basically a TAXI. EXTREME use-always serviced ON SCHEDULE. Change your timing belts on time and you'll NEVER have a problem.
Cons: Only thing that has TRULY BROKEN is the gas fill door! YES! And this after 250,000 miles and TEN PLUS years of use. A little expensive on replacement parts, but then again, I believe in PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE and IT DOES pay off in the long run.
Overall review: Better than ANY AMERICAN MADE vehicle I've ever owned or driven!
AWESOME VEHICLE! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/26/2011. Trim: 1999 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: RELIABILITY! This is the most dependable car I have ever owned. I have replaced 2 batteries and will be on my second set of tires. I have my oil changed every 3,000 miles and have never had any problems. I bought this car used with 32,000 miles and now have 147,000 I figure with the Nebraska winters it is good to drive several more years. Thanks Toyota!
Cons: My factory cd player stopped working and my vehicle makes alot of squeeks. Has nothing to do with the fact that we drive this vehicle everywhere. Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado and so many more.
Overall review: Awesome vehicle. I am not getting rid of it till it decides it is done with me!
An incredibly rugged and reliable vehicle. by Rob in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada on 12/16/2011. Trim: 1999 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought my Rav in 2002 with 55 000kms. The odometer reads 413 000kms and has been incredibly reliable. My mechanically inclined friend has done the front brake pads three times and replaced the front rotors with the third set of pads. I've literally spent $168 on brakes so far. I've never touched the back brakes. I'm on my third battery and am running with original alternator, starter, clutch and engine, etc. It's reasonable on gas and handles bad winter driving conditions handily.
Cons: I have no real complaints. The most expensive repair was the replacement of the bearings in the transmission at 200 thousand kms--1400 dollars, but otherwise remarkably free of overall mechanical issues.
Overall review: I recommend this vehicle to anyone who can't afford the money or down time of vehicle repairs. The surprise overall is when something does need to be repaired.
Awesome Rav 4 by Jennifer, Columbus Ohio on 03/05/2010. Trim: 1999 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I love my Rav 4! I purchased it new. It is great in the snow, handles well. I have never had any problems with this Rav 4, I plan to buy another one someday, but mine still runs fine and feels new to me. It is great if you are a gardener, for loading and hauling plants. We also have two large dogs, who enjoy the space in the back. I have driven cross the country twice, no problems to the Outher banks several times, no problems.
Cons: I think I want heated seats and leather next time around.
Overall review: This is a great buy and runs well, drives well.
More for less by Mark on 08/30/2009. Trim: 1999 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has a beautiful design inside and out. Great overall perforance. It's the best used option for the price.
Overall review: Best deal = Toyota