1999 Toyota 4Runner

1999 Toyota 4Runner Prices
1999 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
Great SUV with great looks! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/06/2009. Trim: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliable Reliable Reliable
Cons: Not the fastest but you will get there over and over
Overall review: I would buy another again without even thinking twice
Great deal if you get the right prive used by marlon TX on 02/21/2012. Trim: 1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very nice for the money people are asking for now a days, i paid $2900 for mine (99 limited 2WD) but I like the styling the cargo is huge! It sits up high as well which is great in texas. Lots of small eminities for the limited version as well.
Cons: If youre tall youre going to want to drive this vehicle do not buy this car without driving one, specifically if you are over 6 foot Im 6'5. Doors are a little light but thats a preferance thing
Overall review: You should check a few of the 4Runner forums for some of the known issues so you know what youre getting in to. I didnt see anything in the known issues about the rear axle seals or the milk shake issue with the transmission. Most of the issues are mid level issues but it really should be noted in the common issues area since it is a known issue for older models. I used MSN as the measuring stick for what to buy. I wouldve liked to know about these issues prior to buying but ultimately I still wouldve puirchased this vehicle.
Beware of SUV flip factor by Nes on 02/13/2008. Trim: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought my 4runner in 2006 with 76,000m. It was reliable. The best feature is the rear power window, it rolls all the way down like any othe window. I wish GM, Dodge, ect. had the same feature, Ford did have it with the full size Bronco but it's no longer in production. You can park it anywhere, it's so narrow and not very long.
Cons: Being such a narrow SUV makes it easy to park, but since its so light and pretty high off the ground when it starts fish tailing it can really take off, which happened to me. I didn't have 4wheel, which might have helped, maybe not. My starter went at 80,000m but thats nothing. It seems to have trouble breathing as you accelerate, if you know what I mean, I think cold air intake would help that, about $250. it's not very comfortable for more than 4hours. Its small for someone 6ft+ and 200lbs+. I was hoping it would have better gas mileage since it's so light.
Overall review: It's nice if you're small, have a small family or single, don't drive long distance a lot, and want something reliable. It's nice if you like being pretty high over the road, I'd suggest 4x4. I just worry because it's the perfect candidate for fishtailing and flipping. If you don't know much about the way SUV's carry weight which makes them dangerous I'd do some research. Personally I'm thinking of a diesel Ford Excursion next, converting it to run off veg oil.
Toyota is Toyota by Will from Panamá Central america on 03/10/2004. Trim: 1999 Toyota 4Runner 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Well I have the 4 cylinder Inline 3.0L TurboCharged Diesel (Central America) I love it... great MPG somewhere above 25... no problems at all and already has 5 years.
Cons: My only Dislike about it is the plastic material that is where you adjust the seat comes off too easy and can get dameger just by getting in by placing you weight over the side of the seat, thats all eveything else is great!
Overall review: A powerful 3.0Liter Turbocharged engine in a good looking body and great off-roader with great performance and comfortable interior. What else do I need? I say the same about the U.S version... but I just don´t like automatic transmission.
Room for my Dane by daneowner from Cincinnati, OH on 08/27/2002. Trim: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Although this is not my first Toyota, this is my first 4Runner. I am a Toyota person and I got my 4Runner to haul my Great Dane. I have been more than happy with it! There is plently of room for my dog and the easy up and down of the back seat for more cargo room is great! It definitely is a truck but it is made to be. I really enjoy the pick up from about 50 mph to 80 mph. I love the room, the style and the durability. I definitely would get another one!
Cons: Zero to 60 pick up is a little slow but as I mentioned above the later is excellent.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle.