1999 Toyota Sienna

1999 Toyota Sienna Prices
1999 Toyota Sienna Fuel Economy
Dependable Van by Rancho Rider Burbank, CA on 07/28/2011. Trim: 1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4-Door, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It is so very dependable. Always starts and drives smoothly. Low repair costs not done at the dealer.
Cons: The only problem we have had is with the power door so now we just use it manually.
Overall review: This has been a great vehicle, dependable, roomie, comfortable, and low cost to insure and maintain.
Good van for children -- adults, not so much by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/31/2007. Trim: 1999 Toyota Sienna CE 4-Door, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I bought this van to haul a den of Cub Scouts, so the doors on both sides of the body were a great plus for me. THe dual zone air conditioning allowed the boys to be confortable in back, but kept me from freezing in front. The interior finishes clean up well and easily.
Cons: I had a lot of trouble with the rear doors. The locks consistently stuck when the weather was warm, keeping the doors from latching. The only way to work around it was to lock the doors and make children crawl through the front seats to get in and out.
Overall review: The handling of this van was very good. It has a very low center of gravity, allowing it to really hug the road and corner incredibly well for a mini-van. I bought it to haul boys, but I would not try to carry many adults. The second and third row seats are way too small to comfortably carry adults.
Swinging Minivan by HappyCamper from Salt Lake City on 10/10/2009. Trim: 1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4-Door, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Easy to maintain. Handles nicely on the road. Enjoy the stereo system. Owned for nearly three years, from 135.000 to 172,000 miles and have had minimal problems. Have only had to replace a coil. Still looks and acts like new.
Cons: Haven't found anything I dislike.
Overall review: I love my Toyota Sienna.
Worst car buying decision I ever made by Miserable in Minnesota on 05/06/2008. Trim: 1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4-Door, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Seats are comfortable. Views around the vehicle are good. Engine has good power (if it doesn't gell - see below). Very roomy and good cargo capacity.
Cons: Quality is abysmal. Things started falling apart at 30,000 miles and it just keeps getting worse. Poor structural integrity. The van shakes and rattles like crazy.
Overall review: This van has been a disaster from the very start. We have had the oil gelling problem reported by so many others. Toyota's "goodwill" efforts have consisted of the dealers telling us they weren't going to do anything no matter what the manufacturer says. They laughed at us and told us "good luck in arbitration". We had to have a new engine put in at the cost of $5,300. I refused to have a dealer do it because of the way we've been treated. 3 of the door handles have snapped off. They are cheap plastic and they charge you $300 to fix them. Then they just break off again. I've never broken off a handle on a car before. The sliding door button sticks on the inside. They've never been able to fix that. Most of the rubber trim is now coming off all around the vehicle. It is impossible to keep the van aligned, so the tires wear out abnormally fast. In short, the quality is extraordinarily poor and has convinced me not to buy another Toyota.
The best in it's class by Luis on 08/15/2007. Trim: 1999 Toyota Sienna XLE 4-Door, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The versatility of moving people to transforming into a cargo van
Cons: The handling at high speed, it is very unstable on speeds above 70 mph
Overall review: Overall I would buy this minivan again and again, this is the first time I kept a car over 5 years and I still enjoy it.