1998 Toyota Tercel

1998 Toyota Tercel Prices
1998 Toyota Tercel Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
A Savings Account on Wheels! by Sir Saves A Lot on 06/06/2011. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tercel CE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Gas mileage, reliability, and longevity!
Cons: Can be uncomfortable on a long trip (3+ hours)
Overall review: Bought this beauty in 2007 at 140,625 miles (225,000 kms) and it is now at 178,125 miles (285,000 kms). In four years my total maintenance costs have included regular lube/oil/filter, timing belt, and new brake pads. The largest expense for this vehicle was buying a new set of tires and the funny thing is that tires for a tercel are generally the smallest on the market (usually meaning the cheapest). Speaking to the downsides, this car does look somewhat like a clown car (being in the subcompact category), is lacking in horsepower, and doesn't have the most comfortable seats around for long trips. Nevertheless, this car was not designed to be a sports car and can drive at 130 km/hr with ease. I have also driven it on two 15 hour, and 20+ five hour trips and at the worst have had a sore back for a day (much more often than not I'm fine). Hate paying $500 a month in car payments? Buy a tercel and pay less than $500 for an entire year! Will likely drive mine for another four years!
Reliability at its best!!! by Guy in Portland on 11/29/2010. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tercel CE, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Good looking little car. Ultra reliable engine. Great mpg (42/35).
Cons: Could use more power. Power windows and locks would be nice.
Overall review: I drive it to work everyday. With a great MPG and extreme reliability, this car is just the perfect commuter. With 132,000 miles it has not given me trouble and the only things that have gone bad are a battery and a wheel bearing (got noisy). I replaced the timing belt just in case, and had the A/C serviced just to make sure it will keep working fine. With oil changes and basic maintenance, the Tercel will run for years with no problems.
The Ultimate Car by Bryan, Alberta on 04/08/2009. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tercel CE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: These are by far the best cars ever built hands down, I own two and have had 4 friends buy them because they love my cars, I get 42-45 mpg with both of them, excellent heat in the winter, you cannot kill these cars, I cruise at 130-140 km/hr to work each day in everything from +40 celcius to -36 celcius and it never misses a beat.
Cons: The only negative thing I can say is the seats could be a it better but hardly worth mentioning.
Overall review: Buy this car buy as meany as you can get they are the best. I hit the ditch doing 130 km/hr this winter the car moved across the snow like a sled, I traveled about 150 yards along the side of the road, got pulled out and away I went, no damage to the car, I drive the car like a rally car and I am very hard on the vehcile but the car could care less it loves it. These cars have alot of get up and go I am never worried about passing power got lots. Get one before they are all gone. Both my cars are still 100% rust free, now that I think of it I have never seen a toyota tercel with rust, the japanese got it right!!!! I LOVE MY CARS
Great Fuel saver by San Diego California on 04/22/2008. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tercel CE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have had this car for five years now and what I love about this car the most is gas saving
Cons: What is there to dislike?
Overall review: I have not had any overall major problems with this car since I have had this car and it is easy to handle out on the highways as well as in the city.
bad car by guy from just outside DC on 12/15/2005. Trim: 1998 Toyota Tercel CE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: bad car
Cons: bad car
Overall review: bad car
2 3 4 5 6  Next