1998 Toyota RAV4

1998 Toyota RAV4 Prices
1998 Toyota RAV4 Fuel Economy
"BOY TOY" by Starrbaby from Idaho Falls, IDAHO on 10/05/2010. Trim: 1998 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The gas milage is great. It handles corners wonderfully. I love driving it. It's by far the best car I've ever owned. I've had it only 6 months, and I've drivin it 5000 miles already.
Cons: The cup holders are all wrong. I wish the ones up front were bigger and in a different location. Other than that I love everything about it.
Overall review: I love my RAV4, even if it's only a 2 wheel drive. It does great in the winter snow, and off road it's fantastic. It acts like a 4 wheel drive. The best thing has to be the gas milage. I can't believe how well it does on gas. It's amazing even for a 1998.
My Unicorn by Lyonesse from Maryland on 10/04/2009. Trim: 1998 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The Rav4 has been wonderful. Bought it new (8/98) and have had no major problems. Usual maintenance (oil, filters, brakes, timing belt, etc). Currently has 140,000+ miles and hope to keep it for another 100k. Seats comfortable, carries 5 adults easily, good cargo space with rear seats up, great with them down. Exterior paint has weathered well. Mileage is excellent for a SUV of this age (approx 25-28mpg city/hway combined).
Cons: Only real complaint is location of cup holders--hope they improved that in later models. Only carries four, comfortably, if using car/booster seats for children.
Overall review: Overall, this has been a wonderful vehicle for me. It has given me excellent service, taking me on long road trips (Kansas City, MO; Denver, CO; etc) without any problems. Would recommend the Rav4 to anyone.
RAV 4, who could ask for more! by Carole from South Dakota on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1998 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Reliability - will start when it is -20/30 below zero without a problem-handles well on ice and snow.
Overall review: Great vehicle, wouldn't drive anything else and my son sells another brand vehicle!
Great Compact SUV by Jon on 09/15/2010. Trim: 1998 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good handling, stylish, moderately off-road accessible, fuel economy, ECT Power button, good view, cargo space, interior space, sound system
Cons: Tad slow on acceleration at highway speeds
Overall review: I really enjoy driving my RAV4. I use it mostly for short trip driving in town, highway driving , and light off-road driving. Works well in all weather condition. I use it for light offroad driving, in pastures and meadows for hunting and fishing, and it performs fine. I have the front wheel drive model, and it still gets me around in the outdoors. The ECT Power button is pretty cool, faster acceleration for fun, and more power for towing light trailers (and I mean pretty light), or making it up steeper hills. The reliability is great, (its a toyota for gosh sake), and I like the way it looks. Acceleration in town is alright, on the highway it gets the job done, but it seems a little lacking. But if you use the ECT button on highway conditions for passing, it does boost your acceleration up a bit (but of course lowers your fuel economy). Inside it is quite roomy for its size, and the layout of the controls is nice. I bought this vehicle used with 90k miles, and an aftermarket stereo.
The Prowler by Danielle from Chalfont, PA on 10/01/2009. Trim: 1998 Toyota RAV4 4-Door 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: This car has been fantastic for me. Last car I had was a Mazda 323 Hatchback, and while that car was okay (bought it for $3,200), it would almost die (or had to be brought back to life) in inch-high water levels. Not this car. I like to call it my prowler. (Another car that's also purple). It's lost some of its trim, due to off-road driving. And, the paint job isn't 100%. When I bought it, this car looked and ran awesome. At 202,000+ miles, this car hasn't caused me any major problems. I've only had one tune up. Changed the timing belt. And, the usual oil change and the occasional brake pad. Just a great ride.
Cons: I'm a girl. Never seem to have enough space in my car. Not the car's fault. :)
Overall review: I'm sticking with Toyota. Probably either a RAV or a Prius.