1998 Toyota Celica

1998 Toyota Celica Prices
1998 Toyota Celica Fuel Economy
The Celica that just keeps on giving! by Amber from Seattle on 12/01/2012. Trim: 1998 Toyota Celica GT Convertible, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The Celica convertible is very fun to drive, comfortable and a very good looking car. It is nice to have a car that people admire when driving by, I had the windows tinted and I really like that feature. - it looks even better than good now! The leather seats look very high end and do not look worn like I have seen in other cars it's age. I have updated the stereo and security system also. I it is a great car for traveling for two people.
Cons: I dislike that they no longer make them as I would like to update to a newer car someday but it will be very had to part with this one. I do not like the snap on cover for when the top is down. It is akward when you take it off when you are traveling - where are you going to put it? It doesn't really fit in the trunk or the back seat. Mine has been in the attic for the last 13 years. Also, the bra - it doesn't like wearing that either. It seems like dirt gets stuck up under it and I didn't want it to scratch the paint so up in the attic for the bra also.
Overall review: I have owed this car going on 14 years and it has been trouble free. It is fun to drive and has great style, I get about 30 miles to the gallon. I have followed all the maintaince recommend plus a few extra things. The car still looks brand new. I have it completely detailed once a year to keep that new car look going and going! There is not much room in the back seat so we always have to take their car when going out. I love that part a lot! I do not allow anyone to eat, drink or smoke in the car so the leather interior still has that new look too. The convertible top is very easy to use just a push of the button. You just need to be sure that everything is secure - like your litter bag and kleenex box, They will try emptying themselves and fly out of the car when you least expect it.
My 98 Celica GT Convertable by Squirrel Lady from Fl on 12/14/2007. Trim: 1998 Toyota Celica GT Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: my celica is a quick,economical and efficient sports car. i listen to my friends say how they have parked their vettes and 350z's because of the price of gas. lol. no problem and i can put my peddle to the metal and still get around 25 mpg in town. i bought the celica gt to take the place of my rav4 which my son claimed as his own when he got his drivers license. at first it was a get even purchase but i love it.
Cons: you can't take it to through the carwash with the convertable top.
Overall review: great little car. lots of fun. after work it is so much fun to drop the top and just ride. we took an emergency trip in it. even though it is small is it really comfortable. btw it is black with a black convertable top and grey leather interior. all factory. plus the anti-theft was factory installed. one interesting fact is that the convertable top was not installed by the factory. the cars were chopped in the US and refitted with the convertable. they also reinforced the windshield posts when they added the convertable top. not that that would save you in a rollover. the roof line is so short, even at 5"4" my head would be on the pavement if it rolled.
Review ID: #520014 Is this review offensive?
Not good and not bad. by Jeremy55 on 01/19/2014. Trim: 1998 Toyota Celica GT Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great hobby car and fun to drive.
Cons: I've had my car for about 2 years. I have had to replace my clutch 3 times already and I have had to replace both cv axles also. I've had a lot of problems out of my car since I've had it. Not only that the motor mounts break very easily. All in all, it's been one issue after another.
Overall review: Great hobby car and fun to drive, but upkeep is terrible.
Test Driver
the good gas car. by nice car in cincinnati. on 12/16/2013. Trim: 1998 Toyota Celica GT Convertible.
Pros: speaker system.
Cons: non electronic seats.
Overall review: great car .
My little go kart by Hondoman in Riverton Utah on 01/22/2011. Trim: 1998 Toyota Celica GT Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable, good speakers (I replaced the radio with a Sony I-pod compatible unit), tight handling, mpg from 29-34, smooth shifting automatic, very fast as it has the same engine as a camry with 600 fewer pounds, decent ride for a small car, great in snow with Michelin mxv4 tires, and built like a tank and can take abuse without breaking down.
Cons: The small trunk, getting in and out, small back seat, a bit of road noise.
Overall review: Just a solid car with very few issues. I've had several Celicas and none of them have given me much in the way of trouble. They are over engineered and will take a pounding! They are very much a cozy car and you either fit or you don't. I enjoy driving it and know it can go for many more years without a problem. They are becoming increasingly rare and if u find one in great shape buy it!